WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

For my 2 cents I would go with the REI halfdome, excellent return policy, great tent, and won't break the bank.

Quote Originally Posted by KDOG View Post
    Well I'd say my budget for a tent/shelter is up to 60-75 bucks. I'm going to start a new thread about tarp shelter ideas. I said that cuz I'm not against tarp shelters at all. Just looking at options.
    You may want to consider buying some silnylon off the web and making a tarp. I have some good tents already but I'm concidering a homemade tarp...just to be using something I made.

Mountian hardware drifter 3 is a great tent for two under $200 still over 5 lb but very spacious with lots of vestibule space for gear (or a dog or two in my case)

GSMNP 900 Miler
    Journal Entries
    Images

If you're looking for cheap... the REI Camp Dome 2 gets good reviews and cost only $100... and REI is curretly running a 20% off on a single full price item sale. So you could pickup a new tent for only $80.

REI Quarterdome T2. Lighter than the half dome, about 3 1/2 lbs, lighter if you change out to the alloy stakes. I use it solo and it's got tons of room for one, a little tight for two, but can certainly be done. Also, plenty of room in the vestibules for gear. And I also love that it has 2 doors, so if somebody needs to get up in the middle of the night to visit the facilities, they don't have to crawl over the other person. Also, without the fly on a dry night, it's almost all mesh, so it doesn't feel so hot. My first tent was a Eureka, and it was a damn oven--I hated it.

I've got nuthin' but love for the REI Quarterdome T2. My storage shed is full of all kinds of tents I've collected over the years, but the Quarterdome is the only one I use now--even when we go car camping.
    Double Wide is now BLUEBERRY
    Northbound (2nd Attempt) March 2017

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
++ New Posts ++