WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Images

Default Campingaz stove fuel

From what I can gather, Coleman no longer imports Campingaz fuel canisters. I love my little campingaz stove. Does anyone know of an adapter that would enable me to use a different fuel? Or possibly someone with a secret stash of CV 270?

It seems you might be able to rig up something yourself.

http://adventuresinstoving.blogspot....supergnat.html

They're still selling CV270 and CV470 at a sporting good store near me (Big 5), but I see it less and less in my area. REI has stopped.

There are adaptors that one can buy, but you don't see them often in the US market. Usually I've seen them in UK (i.e. England) advertisements. You could try the English version of eBay, but I imagine that would be expensive.

I've also seen CV canisters for sale on eBay.

I don't know if there's a Big 5 in Dallas, but if there were, I would start there first.

HJ
    Backpacking stove reviews and information: Adventures In Stoving

Journal Entries

I have seen the adapters years ago and, I considered getting them as I have a sweet CampingGaz lantern but at the same time it's time to let it go, so when I run out of gaz it becomes a museum piece, after all it's already reduced to car camping status.

Getting out as much as I can..which is never enough. :) Mags's Avatar

While I am one to make use of older gear when I can, sometimes it is just not worth it.

A jury rig may end up costing almost as much in money, and probably time, as a new canister stove. Heck, when new canisters cost less then $10 from ebay or Amazon, it is definitely a no go IMO. [1]

Add in the questionable safety of a jury rig depending on a person's mechanical skills, and there is even less incentive.

[1] One year later, reports have been good from every day, normal use. They look like similar to a Brunton stove and may even be made at the same factory!
    Paul "Mags" Magnanti
    http://pmags.com
    Twitter: @pmagsco
    Facebook: pmagsblog

The true harvest of my life is intangible...a little stardust caught,a portion of the rainbow I have clutched -Thoreau

Join this forum and post your question.

Nice site from our brothers and sisters across the pond.

I'm sure you'll get an answer about finding an adapting your stove.

http://www.bushcraftuk.com

Last edited by atraildreamer; 10-18-2014 at 16:52.

"To make an end is to make a beginning. The end is where we start from." - T.S. Eliot

++ New Posts ++