WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thanks for the info. Anyone else have any contacts for a shuttle? Im going to try and start contacting poeple.
    Transcend the Bull$hit

Images

My thru attempt was cut short due to Sandy's aftermath (16"+ snowdrifts). I would recommend calling the park office and asking about snow and trail conditions. Agree with others, get permits. There are often on-site caretakers, etc that will check your permits. If you want to cancel or adjust, just call the park office and they will work with you. I got refunded my money on nights I didn't stay since I called and cancelled reservations in advance. The part of the trail that I did hike was extremely well marked and well graded. Great views in winter since the trees don't have leaves. It would be easy to do this trail in 5 days if you start at sunrise and have decent weather.

Images

Shuttle available at wilderness voyageurs. Contact info is available on the website
    http://wilderness-voyageurs.com/laur...ing-trail.html

EJC, thanks for the info. I have work off tomorrow so I am going to call them and maybe make some reservations along with figuring out a shuttle.
    Transcend the Bull$hit

I dont think im going to be able to do the hike. Too many variables for weather at this time of year and it would be nice to spend some time with the family over break. Plus the money to driver there, camping registration, getting a ride back to my car and driving home. I can be spending money like that if I plan on doing the AT this year.
    Transcend the Bull$hit

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++