WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Seldomseen View Post
    Thanks Chickentoe.
    Curious that so-called "Chickentoe" has only posted twice. Hmmmm. I think you're digging your hole deeper, perhaps?

P.S. I don't have to spend time counting posts. WB does it for me and shows it on each and every post.

Rain Man

[I]ye shall not pollute the land wherein ye are: ... Defile not therefore the land which ye shall inhabit....[/I]. Numbers 35

[url]www.MeetUp.com/NashvilleBackpacker[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by bfayer View Post
    Why do you have to join a web forum just to call someone dick?

Why is it so hard for someone to come on the internet and just say "I wrote a book and would like you guys to read it. This "I just found this great book" stuff gets old. The people on here are not morons or dicks, but they do tell it like it is and do not suffer fools well.

Note to the guy that actually wrote the book: call back your toadies and come on here and tell us why we should read it. It is really that easy.
    I didn't join a web forum to call someone a dick. I joined because I enjoy hiking and wanted to associate myself with like minded people. Just so happened I read the book, there was a thread about it, wanted to comment and felt bad for Seldomseen (who clearly is an avid reader i.e. Monkey Wrench Gang reference) for being picked on by internet bullies.

I'd like for the author to come on here too! Great idea! Maybe he's hiking?

Jeez, I did not realize so much drama would happen over me writing a post about a great book. Who would have thought hikers could be so dramatic...I feel like I am in high school again.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Chickentoe View Post
    I didn't join a web forum to call someone a dick. I joined because I enjoy hiking and wanted to associate myself with like minded people. Just so happened I read the book, there was a thread about it, wanted to comment and felt bad for Seldomseen (who clearly is an avid reader i.e. Monkey Wrench Gang reference) for being picked on by internet bullies.

I'd like for the author to come on here too! Great idea! Maybe he's hiking?
    Rain Man an internet bully? Now that is funny, you have obviously spent a lot of time lurking here, because you have him pegged so well

Quote Originally Posted by bfayer View Post
    Why do you have to join a web forum just to call someone dick?

Why is it so hard for someone to come on the internet and just say "I wrote a book and would like you guys to read it. This "I just found this great book" stuff gets old. The people on here are not morons or dicks, but they do tell it like it is and do not suffer fools well.

Note to the guy that actually wrote the book: call back your toadies and come on here and tell us why we should read it. It is really that easy.
    Well said.......

Rain Man isn't an internet bully but I was a lil taken back by his post directed at Seldomseen. I didn't think that Seldomseen was doing anything wrong at all with his post. I think people jump to conclusions wayyyy too fast. If he posted a bunch of times you can ask him about it. He addressed the "why" he posted so many times but his explanation was mocked by Rain Man. Then the following reactions..... High School? ... Yeah, I can see that....

Thanks HikerMomKD. I think this whole post has drifted far from the point.

One more thought: The author does not need to say anything because the book will speak on its own; plus it is backed by a major publisher. While I was reading the novel I was reminded of Heart of Darkness and American Gods.

Let's let the dust and IP addresses settle a bit on this one.
    "Sleepy alligator in the noonday sun
    Sleepin by the river just like he usually done
    Call for his whisky
    He can call for his tea
    Call all he wanta but he can't call me..."
    Robert Hunter & Ron McKernan

Whiteblaze.net User Agreement.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++