WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by Hairbear View Post
    every once in a while im careless and some crown spills in with my apple cider drinks at night,pretty tasty.
    No fair, I'm trying to play a strait game and you throw down crown as a trump card. Ok-ok, so I add JD to my Ramen and it acts as antifreeze. Still, I say Ramen.
    * Warning: I bite AND I do not play well with others! -hellkat-

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Blazer View Post
    Dang. Someone else already thought of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZ19x...=1&safe=active

floridamicro.JPG My best answer is a recent find of Dr. Mc Dougalls Soups Ya need a spork and its at Acme in the ethnic section. Bear is good too, just have to repackage it for FBC.
    Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.

Woo

Journal Entries

This is an interesting topic. I've been reading a lot about freezer bag meals. Seems one could freeze dry some meals then just add water and put it in the cousy to heat thru and then eat. Any body try this during the winter?

Quote Originally Posted by Burly Buck View Post
    This is an interesting topic. I've been reading a lot about freezer bag meals. Seems one could freeze dry some meals then just add water and put it in the cousy to heat thru and then eat. Any body try this during the winter?
    I do freezer bag all year round.

A thermos filled with soup.

Journal Entries
    Images

Well that's a little old school ... but you reminded me of what I have in the supply box ... A Japanese Rice Bento.

Here is the American Version...
    http://www.amazon.com/Thermos-Nissan...=cm_cr_pr_pb_t

Here is the Japanese Version
    http://www.amazon.com/Zojirushi-SL-X...pd_sim_sbs_k_5

Inside is two plastic screw Tupperware. One for Rice and the other for vegetables and sauce.. (that one is smaller) In Japan the wifes cook fresh hot lunch meals after the husband is already at work and this massive delivery system - gets the right rice bowl to the man at lunchtime....Premium Bento Boxes will have a cozy.

Here is what I used it for, my son wanted a hot Mac and Cheese for school lunch... So we made it ahead of time and put boiling water in the lower tupperware. The hot Mac stayed hot for 5 hours.

Here is the Bento Cookbook for hot lunches Japanese style..

http://www.amazon.com/The-Just-Bento...der_1568363931
    Last edited by Wise Old Owl; 12-09-2012 at 12:10.
    Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.

Woo

Images

For lunch make-in-camp while water boils for breakfast (2 packs of carnation instant breakfast like cocoa and 3 packs of instant oatmeal), whole wheat bagel with peanut butter or nutella, stashed in inner pocket inside a zip lock along with a couple chunks of sharp cheddar or other cheese. Eat it on the go along with snacks such as dried fruit, Fritos, potato sticks, Snickers (of course), Probar. An inside pocket will warm everything up enough that you don't break your teeth when you bite into them. I avoid stopping for lunch in winter unless I have to pull out my tarp or sleeping bag to dry out dampness in the sun. Otherwise, I try to eat something every two hours from sun up to sun down.

Note to those carrying olive oil for extra calories and flavor: it tends to solidify in cold temps.
    Handlebar
    GA-ME 06; PCT 08; CDT 10,11,12; ALT 11; MSPA 12; CT 13; Sheltowee 14; AZT 14, 15; LT 15;FT 16;NCT-NY&PA 16; GET 17-18

Quote Originally Posted by G-FOURce View Post
    i am at 30k feet on a flight to Denver and just lost it laughing aloud in my seat (sitting next to a ridiculously hot cougar)! I had the same thought when i read the post but this was still laugh-out-loud funny to me!
    watch out for the claws!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hairbear View Post
    watch out for the claws!!!!!
    those cougars will scratch half the income out of you.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
++ New Posts ++