WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Kissing a plaque or trail sign makes about as much sense as putting your azz on it.

^^ +1 ............
    Smile, Smile, Smile.... Mile after Mile

Gator Gump wrote a book,
    Sticking his bare azz on the plaque was all it took,
    Now he's got everybody shook,
    Like him or not, you'll read his book.

Sorry, I'm bored.
    "Hiking is as close to God as you can get without going to Church." - BobbyJo Sargent aka milkman Sometimes it's nice to take a long walk in THE FOG.

Gator Gump wrote a book,

He had fun, he had a ball
    I saw chapter one in a bathroom stall
    Fear ridges that are depicted as flat lines on a profile map.

Quote Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
    My wife downloaded the couple of free chapters on her Kindle for me yesterday. I read them last evening. So far my reaction is "meh."

The author is very judgmental, but then whines about folks who are judgmental. He seems to hike and write with a chip on his shoulder and air of superiority, while giving his hiking partner first one demeaning trail name, then another. Anyone see a theme or two developing?

Unless things improve quickly, this would be an AT book I have to grind through simply to finish, rather than one I enjoy, learn from, and can't put down. We'll see when I get the hardback version. I'll post more then, but first I'm going hiking.

Rain Man

Rainman -

Where did she find those free chapter?
    PapaG

Quote Originally Posted by PapaGarrettP View Post
    Rainman -

Where did she find those free chapter?
    PapaG
    http://www.amazon.com/Sometimes-Appa...rail+is+sample

Getting out as much as I can..which is never enough. :) Mags's Avatar

Gator Gump wrote a book,

He had fun, he had a ball
    I saw chapter one in a bathroom stall

I wrote about it on Whiteblaze,
    The attention it brought about put me in a daze.

People yelled about the book,
    But at this thread...they still took a look.

The author was happy and a bit chagrined,
    For all this free publicity on his face put a grin.
    Paul "Mags" Magnanti
    http://pmags.com
    Twitter: @pmagsco
    Facebook: pmagsblog

The true harvest of my life is intangible...a little stardust caught,a portion of the rainbow I have clutched -Thoreau

LOL >>>Y"all are a poet and don't know it..............I have to hand it to you guys pretty darn good!!

Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HikerMomKD View Post
    Mind games, smoke and mirrors & lies...... why can't everyone just be real? Real on the internet?...it might be too much to ask... I think so.
    Sorry about that Hiker mom. I was trying to come in under the radar in order to listen in and comment on any potential book reviews. But honestly what was I thinking? This is the internet, people are going to say whatever, doesn't matter if they know I am listening or not.

Max Patch uncovered my ruse in a matter of minutes. Good detective that one.

This azz thing on the plaque, and the attention it has received, reminds me of the time I was hitchhiking around Ireland and went to see the Blarney stone.
    I befriended a few locals and they tole me: "Whatever you do, don't kiss the darn thing, we all know that Americans like to do this, so many locals here pee on it"
    Good luck with the sales on the book TT.
    Don't let your fears stand in the way of your dreams

Who cares if some naked guy sit on the springer plaque that thing makes a great seat. i talked to him a little bit in 07 the guy is hilarious and i am sure his book will be great. hopefully not the same old thing that every body writes. i am going right now and buying it.

Quote Originally Posted by Traveling teacher View Post
    Sorry about that Hiker mom. I was trying to come in under the radar in order to listen in and comment on any potential book reviews. But honestly what was I thinking? This is the internet, people are going to say whatever, doesn't matter if they know I am listening or not.

Max Patch uncovered my ruse in a matter of minutes. Good detective that one.
    No problem TT.... Max Patch is right on top of things seems like..

Thanks, max patch!

Quote Originally Posted by RED-DOG View Post
    Who cares if some naked guy sit on the springer plaque that thing makes a great seat. i talked to him a little bit in 07 the guy is hilarious and i am sure his book will be great. hopefully not the same old thing that every body writes. i am going right now and buying it.
    I will be doing the same. I'm really tired of reading all these books that just repeat themselves over and over and over.

"So TODAY, I was in Virginia, and I hiked a lot, my feet hurt, I was tired and it rained... but I took in some great views and met some guy who I spoke with for an hour"... "and the next day, I hiked, again, 22 miles... and my feet still hurt"

nonsense...

Quote Originally Posted by 88BlueGT View Post
    I will be doing the same. I'm really tired of reading all these books that just repeat themselves over and over and over.

"So TODAY, I was in Virginia, and I hiked a lot, my feet hurt, I was tired and it rained... but I took in some great views and met some guy who I spoke with for an hour"... "and the next day, I hiked, again, 22 miles... and my feet still hurt"

nonsense...

Boringggggggg!! When I first read your post, I thought for a sec. that you were hiking in VA.. LOL. Haha!! I better get off of here .....

No no no LOL. That's what I feel like I read over and over again every time I read a book about the AT. Make it fun, make it interesting!

Definitely looking for something 'different' for my next read on the AT.

Let us know how many fart jokes..........
    Fear ridges that are depicted as flat lines on a profile map.

No no no LOL. That's what I feel like I read over and over again every time I read a book about the AT. Make it fun, make it interesting!

Haha!! I knew what you were saying, it just took me a minute. It's old age believe me!! I believe this book would meet ur needs then...go for it, I'd say.

Quote Originally Posted by ChinMusic View Post
    Let us know how many fart jokes..........
    Anybody know if you can cut and paste from kindle? Since you asked...here's one which I thot this was a good one:

Do farts have lumps in them? Asked the hiker by the name of Cantankerous. Don’t think so snorted Parta John. Then I just **** my pants, retorted Cantankerous. At least my farts don’t stink, he said, looking over at me.

Reminds me of when I went to see my doctor about this problem, I said, looking around the room for support. I told him I had a problem, that I fart all the time. And I mean constantly.

But doc, I said, at least they don’t stink and you can’t hear them. Matter of fact, I told him: Since I’ve been sitting here, I’ve farted 5 times and, you see, no smell and no sound.

I hesitated to make sure everyone was with me.

So I’m like thrilled when he starts writing me a prescription. That’s great doc, I said. Will this clear up my farts?

He said: No this is to clear your sinuses, and next week I want you back for a hearing test

Ahhhh .... haha!! That is soooo funny!!! ^

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
++ New Posts ++