WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

10K, thanks again for getting me to Johnson City (actually his wife) last year so I could get new glasses. Lost a lens 100 yards before Davenport Gap as I was leaving the smokies and had to hike the next 100 miles with the world out of focus. Not sure if I could have gotten that done via Uncle Johnnies, as it turned into an all day project. It was very fortuitous to have met 10K and his wife at Jerry's cabin a few days earlier and expained my problem to them.
    Follow slogoen on Instagram.

Quote Originally Posted by 10-K View Post
    Janet (Miss Janet) also shuttles a lot in the area.
    Guess she's got a lot of free time now that her book is published, huh?

PCT, Sheltowee, Pinhoti, LT , BMT, AT, SHT, CDT, TRT 10-K's Avatar

I hope she sells a million copies!

This will be a labor of love, I know that and am planning accordingly. If I play my cards right I could conceivably retire next year but the prospect of doing nothing at 51 years old just doesn't play well with me.

So I'm looking for something that I might enjoy and be able to earn enough to cover my basic needs or close to it and to keep from going to seed in my recliner.

We'll see.

Slo, we were glad to help! It could just as well have been me.

Images

Wow...........sounds like this selling your business "thing" might happen, good luck with that, the PCT and your new new business.

10-K... Just curious what your "Normal" operating area intends to be. Obviously 2 per year to Mt. K. would be super but how far North and South will be within your normal range. BTW I have used UJ's, MT Harbor, Bob Peoples and Miss Janet over the years and always been pleased. I love the 10 snickers rating....

Rightfoot

Images

Good luck with it 10K. I would have liked someone else to call in Erwin. UJ was fine but required a bit of waiting around and a limited schedule.
    Everything is in Walking Distance

Quote Originally Posted by Rightfoot View Post
    10-K... Just curious what your "Normal" operating area intends to be. Obviously 2 per year to Mt. K. would be super but how far North and South will be within your normal range. BTW I have used UJ's, MT Harbor, Bob Peoples and Miss Janet over the years and always been pleased. I love the 10 snickers rating....
    Rightfoot
    Springer to Rockfish Gap is what I have in mind at the moment. So far, to the south Hot Springs and to the north Wautaga Dam / Dennis Cove area are the furthest I've ran. To Carver's Gap is the most common.

hey 10-K, what we need is a shuttle from North Troy, VT to North Adams, MA in August and September.

Seriously, if you really want a leg up on the shuttles out of Uncle Johnnys, get some fliers or business cards made up, and get out and post them near all the AT road crossings in your area of operation. I'm surprised more taxi/shuttle services don't do that. Last time I hiked throught the Erwin, TN a couple years ago, some local taxi driver had done that, and I used him on at least 2 or 3 runs from Erwin to Johnson City to/from the Greyhound bus station.

best of luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Praha4 View Post
    hey 10-K, what we need is a shuttle from North Troy, VT to North Adams, MA in August and September.
    I used Thomas Transportion for this exact shuttle. It was oh-my-God expensive but they were on time and it was very professional. It was like... $562.

Best of luck, 10K. I will keep you in mind if I need anything in that area. I have always admired you positive posts and friendly demeanor on this website.

Thank you sir!

Journal Entries

Thumbs up to 10-K and his shuttle service, helped shuttle me in exactly as I wanted in late October and plucked me out a few days later (unexpectedly with short notice) when we got hit with the unexpected snow storm from Hurricane Sandy. Highly recommend!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++