WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Images

I'm doing better now that I've come up with a long term plan. CDT or PCT in the next five years. Triple Crown in the next ten years. That's my big plan. In the meantime, work outdoor retail industry to come home at night to the animals and keep up on all the new gear. And I'm moving my blog over to blogspot and adding pictures and reliving, almost processing my hike. It makes it more real, somehow, and is also somehow bringing me back to my current reality. Things are looking up two months after I finished my thruhike. I'm very grateful that I had a good friend who allowed me the space and freedom to decompress/readjust without the immediate pressure to get a job. I'm ready to jump back in now, because I have another big dream to work towards.

http://carryonadventures.blogspot.com/

I have had some issues myself, really for me it feels like I am stuck in a rut of the same life I left behind. I think about the trail all of the time and feel like I can relate most life stories to trail stories. In fact just today I took my dog down the road to the trail head and hiked up Peters mountain north towards rice fields shelter. The feeling I had was strange, not sad, but an "at home" feeling. I realized how much I missed the trail. So the question is, do I stay away from the trail?

Why would you stay away from the trail? If you're close enough to hike it, and it gives you pleasure, why not?

Images

Quote Originally Posted by GritzMEGA View Post
    I have had some issues myself, really for me it feels like I am stuck in a rut of the same life I left behind. I think about the trail all of the time and feel like I can relate most life stories to trail stories. In fact just today I took my dog down the road to the trail head and hiked up Peters mountain north towards rice fields shelter. The feeling I had was strange, not sad, but an "at home" feeling. I realized how much I missed the trail. So the question is, do I stay away from the trail?
    Ahh, I love Rice Fields Shelter. It was where I spent the last night of my thruhike sleeping outside. After that it was Woods Hole and then I was done. If I lived remotely close to the AT I would be out there, if even for an hour or two. As it is, I'm editing and moving my blog and reliving my hike, day by day. It actually makes me feel better, like I haven't really left the trail.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by MrMRSWalkinghome View Post
    I'm having a hell of a hard time right now.
    You may be a smidge to young but... when I was a child my mothers favorite movie was My Fair Lady and can't tell how many times in the days long before the home video was I dragged kicking and screaming to an old Theater to watch it. The closing song as much as I dare to admit helps the longing for the trail. The ebb and flow of the trail will always remind me of the ending of My frigg'n Fair Lady. Just replace the word face with "blaze" or "vista" instead of Freddy replace with "blue blaze .4"

yah I know its awful comparison but how lovely it would be to return to the every day left foot - right foot, instead of real life and be the naive AT thru hiker again... o to return to the dirty enough waggle tailed snipe! It's second nature to me now, like breathing out and breathing in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPhsR0T_cjA

Images

home your own home
    "find what you love and let it kill you" -c.b.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++