WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Section Hiker 500 miles smokymtnsteve's Avatar
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Pencil Pusher
    That's insanity, Steve. That crap causes some serious dysfunction and you want to provide it FREE to the general population? Eff that. It shouldn't even be legal for the govt to tax the hell out of selling it to these effed up folks. Have you seen the crap that stuff is made of? Smoke ganja, big deal... it's a friggin plant. This crap is crazy chemicals that totally effs people up. Not even ganja should be free... taxed to all tarnation like cigs, sure.

not to the general poulation PP but to addicts...addicts are aready aquiring the subtance,,,and aquiring it at huge risk to the general population...

'legal" meth would not be so dangerous and be made by safer cleaner processes than the bootleg meth,,,harm reduction it a better way
    "I'd rather kill a man than a snake. Not because I love snakes or hate men. It is a question, rather, of proportion." Edward Abbey

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by stupe
    I think it was developed by Bayer , ( the aspirin folks) , as a decongestant and a stimulant. We used to snort it when I was a teenager. Some percentage of the horror stories you hear are just that: stories. I'm not recommending meth for recreational use, but there is a lot of propaganda and BS put out, part war on drugs, part just talk. Heroin and alcohol users have rotten teeth, too.( look at pictures of Keith Richards circa 1970's ). Paint sniffing destroys a lot of lives and whole communities, too. I bet that alcohol has killed more people than all the other drugs in the world. We have a romantic view of moonshining and bootlegging, but you could get shot coming across an illegal still in those same woods that they are cooking meth in nowadays.
    meth usage and the horror stories you hear associated are about 90% accurate...........wanderer

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by smokymtnsteve
    another reason to supply clean meth to addicts,,

meth-amphetamine has been around for a long time...military has used it before and still does,...course the military has a good clean supply.

addicts are going to get meth...and will be getting it at some cost to society...what is the most cost effective way to get this addicts thier drug,,,certainly not by stealing and breaking out car windows....and endangering innocent folk with poorly run bootleg labs....better to have it legal and somewhat regulated ( as far as purity and safety)
    i saw on 60 minutes where our US Air Force was giving pharmicist speed to our pilots. the general said there are no laws in war.........they get our soldiers strung out on the stuff, they come home, the family destructs, they lose their jobs, go to prison and some even die. and the government dont care.......................wanderer

Images

amphetamine use by our Military has a long history ...lots of amphetamine use in Korea,

amphetamines have medical uses...but addicts are addicts,,and thy will get there stuff regardless...so I say give the speed freaks all the speed they want ....let'em snort and shoot thier brains out...but let's put an end to the dangerous illegal labs,,,labs that in themselve are endangering the general population....we could do this quickly and cheaply by giving addicts cheap easy access to clean controlled product.

also have needle exchange for the addicts,,,help keep dirty needles off our streets,
    "I'd rather kill a man than a snake. Not because I love snakes or hate men. It is a question, rather, of proportion." Edward Abbey

OK, I see what kind of Coleman fuel can, I pictured something different, opened the original posts file...AHA!
    ad astra per aspera

Quote Originally Posted by Smile
    OK, I see what kind of Coleman fuel can, I pictured something different, opened the original posts file...AHA!
    Try reading a little slower, your comprehension still suffers .
    Quote Originally Posted by Alligator
    This was in my inbox this morning. I thought I would pass it on to any trail maintainers. Please distribute widely, there are some pics included in the Word doc.

Images

so liek alligater does it have to B a COLEMAN fuel can or will an Osarks trails can fromUR local K-mrt work?

Couldn't tell you SMS, you looking to cook some up? You could probably pick up loads of cold pills if you go through Canada.

Images

naw...I wuz jist b-in silly,,

sides I know a doc who will rite me a scription for benzedrine anytime I want it
    Last edited by smokymtnsteve; 05-24-2005 at 22:15. Reason: more hot air

I thought that Ozarks Trail was a Wally world brand.

Images

I thought that Ozarks Trail was a Wally world brand.
    could B...do da wally world brands work 2?

Quote Originally Posted by smokymtnsteve
    could B...do da wally world brands work 2?
    I don't know, I only remember seeing the Ozarks trail fuel in the Wally world store. Besides, you can't buy enough cold pills in Wally world, the check-out scanner will go off .

Loads of cold pills intercepted on the Canadian border last year or so.

Images

actually there is a big meth problem in Fairbanks AK,,,

had not heard about the cold pills coming out of Canada,,

How do U know about the scanner going off @ Wally world????

I'm a homebrewer, these things interest me. It was something I read. When I first read about it, the scanners were set to recognize several of the ingredients needed to make the meth, sort of recognizing the recipe. Now, some stores limit the amount of cold medicine and/or keep it behind the counter. Similar to the lack of polar pur at REI. Farmers are having a tough time because cookers break into tanks for one ingredient, I think its the anhydrous ammonia, but I am not too sure on that one.

Images

ammonium nitrate , corn fertilzer

Yes, that was it, ammonium nitrate. It was a while ago, but the article talked about how increased scrutiny by police (because of the potential for explosive use of the ammonium nitrate) led to the realization that meth abuse was a growing rural problem. Something like the farmers started locking up the trucks/tanks and were suffering break-ins, but the amounts stolen were small.

American Idiot
    Images

Here's the ingredients for one form of meth I copied from a website. I won't post the link because I don't think rock nor troll nor any of the behind-the-scenes mods would appreciate it. This is crazy shlt.

3 Gallons of Anhydrous Ammonia
    40 lithium batteries (allthough ive never tried it, ive heard you can replace the betteries with lithium pills)
    4 gal of starter fluid
    5000 Ephedrine pills
    2 liter GLASS bottle
    long rubber hose
    bottle of sufuric acid
    5 gallon bucket
    ball of alluminum foil

Ganja is one thing, heck practically acceptable where I grew up, but these hardcore drugs have no place in society. People will sell their souls to get high on crazy stuff like this.
    How many more of our soldiers must die in Iraq?

Ok, so we have the ingredients. Now what?

Images

Quote Originally Posted by bfitz
    Ok, so we have the ingredients. Now what?
    Mix it up in a bucket and drink it.
    SGT Rock
    http://hikinghq.net

My 2008 Trail Journal of the BMT/AT

BMT Thru-Hikers' Guide
    -----------------------------------------

NO SNIVELING

Yes, that was it, ammonium nitrate. It was a while ago, but the article talked about how increased scrutiny by police (because of the potential for explosive use of the ammonium nitrate) led to the realization that meth abuse was a growing rural problem. Something like the farmers started locking up the trucks/tanks and were suffering break-ins, but the amounts stolen were small.

I live in a rural area where Meth is a big problem. Not only the farms are being hit, the local co-ops are being broken into.... we're not talking small quantites! When one of these labs are busted the clean-up is dangerous and costly. Another side affect comes from the fact that a lot of these places are rentals. When one of these labs move on, usually because the area is getting to hot for them, the property is then rented to someone who has no idea what it was used for. The new renters can develope all kinds of medical problems (especially children), depending on how badly the place is contaminated. The small, local officals and comunity members have been reeling from the impact this has had on both the budgets and families in the area.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
++ New Posts ++