WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Missing Hiker: Windmills Matthew Walker

Please contact his family if any information is known! - Last seen November 2nd, Larksville, PA. Please spread the word.

If anyone has seen or heard from Windmills please let his family know.

Friend said went on a small hike...last seen heading home after.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Journal Entries
    Images

Has anyone heard more about him?

Journal Entries

I met Windmill around Salisbury Ct, walked with him a few miles and gave him a lift to town (Salisbury). He shared his blog page, I saw one update since I saw him. Hope his is OK and wondered if he completed the thru.
    Last edited by Starchild; 11-14-2012 at 12:16.

Oh dear!!! I hope he will contact someone soon.....

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Starchild View Post
    I met Windmill around Salisbury Ct, walked with hike a few miles and gave him a lift to town (Salisbury). He shared his blog page, I saw one update since I saw him. Hope his is OK and wondered if he completed the thru.
    when was it that you saw him SC? have you contacted the authorities with your info? just womdering.... this is sad and scary!! i hope he is found safe and sound!!

Quote Originally Posted by gizzy bear View Post
    when was it that you saw him SC? have you contacted the authorities with your info? just womdering.... this is sad and scary!! i hope he is found safe and sound!!
    yeah, this is a heartbreaker and i think we all hope this story ends well. i agree that Starchild should reach out to authorities with any info. it may or may not be relevant, but that seems like something they should decide.

will add Windmill to our prayer lists...

Journal Entries

It was way before Nov 2nd perhaps early Sept working on his NoBo so I don't think it would be relevant.

Journal Entries
    Images

It was way before Nov 2nd perhaps early Sept working on his NoBo so I don't think it would be relevant.

well, you could be right, but if i were his mom or dad...i would want the police to speak with ANYONE he had been on the trail with...maybe he said something that may not have seemed important to you, but may be a VERY important piece of info...i am certainly not implying ANYTHING here, just putting myself in his parents shoes....i would want EVERYTHING i could possibly find out...

Quote Originally Posted by gizzy bear View Post
    well, you could be right, but if i were his mom or dad...i would want the police to speak with ANYONE he had been on the trail with...maybe he said something that may not have seemed important to you, but may be a VERY important piece of info...i am certainly not implying ANYTHING here, just putting myself in his parents shoes....i would want EVERYTHING i could possibly find out...
    It won't do any good to have information from Sept when he was going north...already far north of where he seems to be section..whatever hiking.. separate hikes.

We need to be better detectives here... was he seen by Starchild in CT in Sept? Then, he was last seen in PA in Nov.? If it was CT & then, PA he's not hiking north.... So ,there's not telling where he was hiking next....

Images

Wasnt a thru hiker burned alive in gettysburg, PA this past summer? PA doesnt seem to be a trail friendly state.
    You're not going to live forever
    Find this to be true
    Use your past as a guide
    While you're alive
    Live

Just pay attention a bit. Right now he was doing a SMALL hike. it sounds like he did a Thru hike earlier this year and was in CT going north.

It also shows that along with a few other missing hiker posts lately that the tried and true method of leaving an itinerary with family or friends before you go is being ignored. Even on small trips I tell my GF what trails i'm doing and when i'll be back.

Journal Entries

It seems Windmill went missing near his home. When I met him he was a bit behind the 'bubble' in his NoBo. It is possible that he skipped over his home area trying to get to Katadahn and went home to finish up there, but really I saw him on a separate (earlier) hike.

If anyone would like to see here is his blog site:
    http://theslowmovers.com

Which seemed to lose some information.
    Last edited by Starchild; 11-14-2012 at 13:20.

It seems Windmill went missing near his home. When I met him he was a bit behind the 'bubble' in his NoBo. It is possible that he skipped over his home area trying to get to Katadahn and went home to finish up there, but really I saw him on a separate (earlier) hike.

If anyone would like to see here is his blog site:
    http://theslowmovers.com

Which seemed to lose some information.

jakedatc and Starchild.. I agree with both of u as to the reason he was in PA.... It's a shame he didn't ,as jakedatc said, leave someone the plan of where he was hiking and for how long. Because of that, it may not be a problem, as to where he is right now... do u understand what I'm saying?

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit Bear View Post
    Wasnt a thru hiker burned alive in gettysburg, PA this past summer? PA doesnt seem to be a trail friendly state.
    I hadn't heard about this, and a google search directed me to this post on whiteblaze. Has anyone else seen this story anywhere?

Do hope he shows up. Hiked with him early on the thru hike.

Quote Originally Posted by melaniebk View Post
    I hadn't heard about this, and a google search directed me to this post on whiteblaze. Has anyone else seen this story anywhere?
    Some punks set him on fire but he was treated and released. It could happen anywhere. If I remember he was walking along a street at 2 AM.
    KK4VKZ -SOTA-SUMMITS ON THE AIR-
    SUPPORT LNT

Quote Originally Posted by melaniebk View Post
    http://www.fox43.com/news/adams/wpmt...0,192144.story
    KK4VKZ -SOTA-SUMMITS ON THE AIR-
    SUPPORT LNT

Journal Entries
    Images

Where is he from? I have a cousin with the same name and havent been able to get in touch with his parents.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
++ New Posts ++