WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Shuttle in Delaware Water Gap area??

Is there a source for a reliable shuttle from Delaware Water Gap to Palmerton? I could use a ride next week. I do not have a current Thruhiker's Handbook.

Thanks in advance.
    As I live, declares the Lord God, I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that the wicked turn back from his way and live. Ezekiel 33:11

Here's a list that the ATC provides on their web site. It looks like the list was last edited just this month so I am guessing it is current. A quick scan reveals there are at least a couple people on there who cover that stretch you are interested in:

http://www.appalachiantrail.org/docs...sm-11-6-12.pdf

Images

Rachel and Chuck, owners of Edge of the Woods Outfitters in DWG. FANTASTIC folks. Totally honest and dependable. Chuck saved my section hike a few years ago when I lost my money while on a shuttle with him. He was able to track my "wallet" down, secure it for me to pick up in DWG, and even offered to loan me some cash if I needed it. All this before I had paid him a dime.

Again, GREAT folks.

Images

Just wanted to add, when in DWG, give the Village Farmer and Bakery your business as well. Besides having some EXCELLENT food, they were also instrumental in getting my "wallet" back to me, including several hundred dollars in cash. It was one of their customers and their employee who found my wallet and held it for me to pick up. Great, honest business who went way out of their way to help a hiker.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle View Post
    Rachel and Chuck, owners of Edge of the Woods Outfitters in DWG. FANTASTIC folks. Totally honest and dependable. Chuck saved my section hike a few years ago when I lost my money while on a shuttle with him. He was able to track my "wallet" down, secure it for me to pick up in DWG, and even offered to loan me some cash if I needed it. All this before I had paid him a dime.

Again, GREAT folks.
    I contacted Chuck and will be getting a shuttle from him on your recommendation. Thanks a bunch.
    As I live, declares the Lord God, I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that the wicked turn back from his way and live. Ezekiel 33:11

Images

Great, tell him I said hi. Maybe won't remember me, but probably will remember the situation.

Have a great hike, that's rocky section as I recall, but nice.

++ New Posts ++