WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default AT Radio speaks with long distance hiker Lion King

The AT Radio Show interviewed Lion King on Sunday. Not only has Lion King thru-hiked the Appalachian Trail, Pacific Crest Trail, and The American Discovery Trail but he has also made films while doing it. He talks about this as well as other hiking tidbits. You can find this interview along with all of our others at http://www.atradioshow.com/. Once again you can stream the audio right on our site or download it for your ipod. Feedback on our show is also welcomed, either on whiteblaze or at the email listed on our contact page.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by trainhopper View Post
    The AT Radio Show interviewed Lion King on Sunday. Not only has Lion King thru-hiked the Appalachian Trail, Pacific Crest Trail, and The American Discovery Trail but he has also made films while doing it....
    Perhaps I'm mistaken, but I did not think he actually thru-hiked the AT? Happy to stand corrected if mistaken.

Rain Man

[I]ye shall not pollute the land wherein ye are: ... Defile not therefore the land which ye shall inhabit....[/I]. Numbers 35

[url]www.MeetUp.com/NashvilleBackpacker[/url]

As far as I know he did thru-hike the AT. He said in the interview that he did, but this is an issue you would have to take up Lion King himself.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
    Perhaps I'm mistaken, but I did not think he actually thru-hiked the AT? Happy to stand corrected if mistaken.

Rain Man

He thru hiked the Appalachian Trail with a kid in tow in 2009. I know this because I met him in a shelter when I was doing a section hike.

Sent from my YP-GS1 using Tapatalk 2

From the horse's mouth:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWxwk-LLxAII

I think this is a bigger accomplishment than his hikes. No way could I ever do this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post

Rain Man

You are incorrect.

thruhiked it once, Section thru-hiked it or whatever elitist call it when you go from GA to ME 4 other times (Or if you want to piece it together over 10 years of 2-4 month hikes) and not do certain stretches that suck

++ New Posts ++