Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 35
  1. #1
    Registered User neo's Avatar
    Join Date
    06-16-2004
    Location
    nashville,tn
    Age
    61
    Posts
    4,177
    Images
    337

    Default derating my photo gallery

    some has been giving anonymous ratings on my photos to lower rating
    someone rated a picture of my wife hiking the trail 46 times in a few minute
    at the same time 45 of those rating were 1 which translate to someone not liking my wife,i guess some people have nothing better to do neo

    https://whiteblaze.net/gallery/sh...cat/500/page/1

  2. #2
    American Idiot
    Join Date
    05-27-2004
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Age
    49
    Posts
    1,045
    Images
    3

    Default

    Odd that it would happen to you, neo, you're such a normal person. Maybe this might be an issue to take up with either webmaster?
    How many more of our soldiers must die in Iraq?

  3. #3
    Registered User neo's Avatar
    Join Date
    06-16-2004
    Location
    nashville,tn
    Age
    61
    Posts
    4,177
    Images
    337

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pencil Pusher
    Odd that it would happen to you, neo, you're such a normal person. Maybe this might be an issue to take up with either webmaster?
    thank you pencil pusher. neo

  4. #4
    Addicted Hiker and Donating Member Hammock Hanger's Avatar
    Join Date
    09-04-2002
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Age
    63
    Posts
    2,016
    Images
    222

    Default wife...

    Quote Originally Posted by neo
    some has been giving anonymous ratings on my photos to lower rating
    someone rated a picture of my wife hiking the trail 46 times in a few minute
    at the same time 45 of those rating were 1 which translate to someone not liking my wife,i guess some people have nothing better to do neo

    https://whiteblaze.net/gallery/sh...cat/500/page/1
    She looks like a cutie to me... Sue/HH
    Hammock Hanger -- Life is my journey and I'm surely not rushing to the "summit"...:D

    http://www.gcast.com/u/hammockhanger/main

  5. #5
    Registered User neo's Avatar
    Join Date
    06-16-2004
    Location
    nashville,tn
    Age
    61
    Posts
    4,177
    Images
    337

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hammock Hanger
    She looks like a cutie to me... Sue/HH
    thank you for being so supportive sue,i been a little blue since someone made all those anonymous ratings like that. neo

  6. #6
    Registered User Nightwalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    11-04-2003
    Location
    Mtns of Pickens County, SC
    Posts
    2,472
    Images
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by neo
    thank you for being so supportive sue,i been a little blue since someone made all those anonymous ratings like that. neo
    Neo, there's idiots everywhere. Try not to sweat it. (I just upped the rating a little! )
    Just hike.

  7. #7
    Registered User neo's Avatar
    Join Date
    06-16-2004
    Location
    nashville,tn
    Age
    61
    Posts
    4,177
    Images
    337

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by franklooper
    Neo, there's idiots everywhere. Try not to sweat it. (I just upped the rating a little! )
    thanks for being a friend frank neo

  8. #8
    Registered User neo's Avatar
    Join Date
    06-16-2004
    Location
    nashville,tn
    Age
    61
    Posts
    4,177
    Images
    337

    Default

    thanks attrol for deleting them 46 anonymous poor ratings someone left on my wifes picture neo

    https://whiteblaze.net/gallery/sh...cat/500/page/1

  9. #9
    Registered User Stoker53's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-15-2005
    Location
    Austin, TX.
    Age
    66
    Posts
    351

    Default

    Possibly an adult w/ADD is off their meds. Anyone creating disjointed, rambling, or poorly formatted posts is a suspect.

    I'm w/HH....she's cute and a hiker to boot. You're lucky!!
    "In the abundance of water the fool is thirsty."...Bob Marley

  10. #10

    Default

    I just gave the pitcture a 10. Chalk it up to a Memorial Day salute to PFC Jack McLay USMC, KIA on January 1 1969 near Da Nang RVN

  11. #11
    Registered User VAMTNHIKER's Avatar
    Join Date
    03-24-2004
    Location
    Virginia Beach, Virginia
    Age
    64
    Posts
    95
    Images
    1

    Default

    Neo....


    loved the wedding shots... both of you look very happy.... hope to meet the two of you on the trail!!

    Congrats!!!
    VAMTNHIKER
    (Previously known as ScouterSteve)
    Thru-hiker Dreamer
    Near-term Section Hiker

  12. #12
    Section Hiker, 1,040 + miles, donating member peter_pan's Avatar
    Join Date
    12-05-2003
    Location
    williamsburg, va
    Age
    72
    Posts
    1,151
    Images
    10

    Default

    Neo,

    May you and your Hiking Princess live and hike happily ever after....This blessing rated 10...

    Pan
    ounces to grams
    WWW.JACKSRBETTER.COM home of the Nest and No Sniveler underquilts and Bear Mtn Bridge Hammock

  13. #13
    Registered User
    Join Date
    06-17-2004
    Location
    Moncton, NB
    Age
    52
    Posts
    206

    Default

    Neo,

    Don't let the bastards get you down.

    Doug

  14. #14
    Rain Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    08-07-2003
    Location
    Nashville, Tennessee
    Age
    68
    Posts
    6,114
    Images
    620

    Lightbulb Maybe it was a mistake?

    Neo, sorry to hear about someone repeatedly rating your Savage Gulf pic of your Honey a 1. I just gave it a 9.

    Believe it or not, some anonymous person rated a pic of my daughter Grass a 1 last year! What a bozo. I decided to think of it as someone just clicking the wrong button. It happens. I'd rather think it was a mistake than to think it was just a low-down, mean, scummy, low-life creature who ought to be squashed like a bug. Wait, I don't usually squash bugs, so I guess they're higher on the scale than whoever does these things.

    Did I mention it pissed me off too?! Don't let it get you down, Neo. It was an aberration, obviously.

    Perhaps this might be an opportunity to discuss etiquette for photo ratings? Make a silk purse out of a sow's ear, that is? What do you think? I'd like to hear what guidelines other people use when rating photos, frankly.

    RainMan

    .
    Last edited by Rain Man; 05-27-2005 at 09:11.
    ye shall not pollute the land wherein ye are: ... Defile not therefore the land which ye shall inhabit..... Numbers 35

    www.MeetUp.com/NashvilleBackpacker

    .

  15. #15
    Registered Loser c.coyle's Avatar
    Join Date
    07-18-2003
    Location
    PA - Near 501 Shelter
    Posts
    774
    Images
    103

    Default

    9.0 Good beat, and you can dance to it.

    I had sort of the opposite happen to me once. I posted a comment about a picture, and the owner apparently didn't like it. So, he deleted the picture and re-posted it, wiping out my comment.

  16. #16
    Registered User neo's Avatar
    Join Date
    06-16-2004
    Location
    nashville,tn
    Age
    61
    Posts
    4,177
    Images
    337

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rain Man
    Neo, sorry to hear about someone repeatedly rating your Savage Gulf pic of your Honey a 1. I just gave it a 9.

    Believe it or not, some anonymous person rated a pic of my daughter Grass a 1 last year! What a bozo. I decided to think of it as someone just clicking the wrong button. It happens. I'd rather think it was a mistake than to think it was just a low-down, mean, scummy, low-life creature who ought to be squashed like a bug. Wait, I don't usually squash bugs, so I guess they're higher on the scale than whoever does these things.

    Did I mention it pissed me off too?! Don't let it get you down, Neo. It was an aberration, obviously.

    Perhaps this might be an opportunity to discuss etiquette for photo ratings? Make a silk purse out of a sow's ear, that is? What do you think? I'd like to hear what guidelines other people use when rating photos, frankly.

    RainMan

    .
    thanks rain man,i cant understand why any body would pic on grass and give her a 1 either, neo

  17. #17
    Registered User neo's Avatar
    Join Date
    06-16-2004
    Location
    nashville,tn
    Age
    61
    Posts
    4,177
    Images
    337

    Default

    thanks everybody for your friendship and support,attrol deleted 46 anonymous
    1 ratings last night,i notice another 1 was on there shortly after he finished removing them,thank s every body neo

  18. #18
    American Idiot
    Join Date
    05-27-2004
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Age
    49
    Posts
    1,045
    Images
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rain Man
    Believe it or not, some anonymous person rated a pic of my daughter Grass a 1 last year! What a bozo. I decided to think of it as someone just clicking the wrong button. It happens. I'd rather think it was a mistake than to think it was just a low-down, mean, scummy, low-life creature who ought to be squashed like a bug. Wait, I don't usually squash bugs, so I guess they're higher on the scale than whoever does these things.

    Did I mention it pissed me off too?!
    Reality check here. Your daughter gets tons of the highest ratings possible on multiple photos you posted, a photo of her is one of the most viewed photos on WB, and you're going to let a '1' rating by an anonymous person piss you off? Hello... McFly?

    Oh and hey, funny read, coyle.
    How many more of our soldiers must die in Iraq?

  19. #19
    Registered User TN_Hiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-25-2005
    Location
    Kingston Springs, TN
    Age
    55
    Posts
    267

    Default

    I'll help you out as well, Neo with my rating of a 9. There is just something about a lady in a backpack. The important thing is as long as you two are happy the hell w/ anyone else. I wouldn't fret too much about the a##hole, but it would tick me off as well.

  20. #20
    NE AT 733 of 733 miles & Long Trail End-to-End Tramper Al's Avatar
    Join Date
    05-10-2003
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    266
    Images
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rain Man
    Believe it or not, some anonymous person rated a pic of my daughter Grass a 1 last year! What a bozo.
    Rainman, I am unable to locate that ill-rated photo for the purpose of contributing an off-setting rating. Your photos are among my favorites, and Grasspicker obviously is an outstanding subject, as your daughter and uber-hiker.
    - Tramper Al

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
++ New Posts ++

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •