WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 36 42 43 44 45 46

Default And here it comes...

Quote Originally Posted by SCRUB HIKER View Post
    "IT'SNOT A COMPETITION! How's he plan to see anything hiking so fast? Hecan't possibly enjoy the trail hiking that way! A baby fawn walks upto him and he'll probably KICK it to the side and keep hurryin' ondown the trail! I don't see the point behind this whole"speed-hiking" craze!"
    ... there, was thereanything else I missed?
    First, the fact that this will behis third thru-hike bears no weight to his claim?! Secondly, thejournal entry posted by the OP has informed us that this gentlemenhas thru-hiked the trail twice and probably has seen everything thatencompasses the trail, more than likely. Thirdly, I read your firstpost and said to self; self, maybe he didn't read the whole post, ormaybe he just didn't comprehend what he was reading. Then I come upon the post quoted above, this leading me to believe the latter istrue and this lad is now taking it upon himself to post ridiculouscomments in response to his lack of comprehension. I get that youlike to "stop and smell the roses" so to speak, but doesthat mean every thru-hiker must, on every thru-hike attempt?! I don't get yourangry, negative comments that really have no sound backing in leadingus to believe that this lad will not accomplish what he proclaimswill be. Why can't he go NOBO? Who cares about the doodle-wasps?! You've even gone as far to say this lad is an "impostor andwannabe". Why? Again, didn't you read the post?
    Yes, you may be an old, fat hiker, butyou don't have to be! Nor do you have to blast the folks who believethat their dreams will come true. I understand yours may not havecome true and are bitter, but does that mean his wont and he has tostop dreaming and become fat, old, and all that other BS?
    I watched a video on the news lastnight; the video was about a high school basketball player who hadjust one full arm and half of the second. This lad was dunking theball, shooting jump shots, dribbling w/ease, etc. If he was yourson, would you tell him he can't do it because he's crippled and hemight want to quit while he is ahead? If you have time today orwhenever you read this post, if you ever do; I encourage you to sitdown and re-evaluate yourself and the image you have of yourself andthe people w/in your affiliated communities. I then encourage you tofind that inner monologue button and think before you speak and/ortype.
    If you've had the wherewithal to makeit to the end of this polite, Angry German, butt-chewing and havesome form of a retort, please feel free to PM me. Let's make it anintelligent response though; otherwise I will not waste my timereading it.
    Peace!
    "I choose to carry very little, but that little is chosen with care." Earl V. Shaffer

Folks, I apologize about the lack of spacing between some of the words. I understand that this can be confusing thus making it difficult to understand what I've typed. I will try and fix this next post I submit. Thanks!
    "I choose to carry very little, but that little is chosen with care." Earl V. Shaffer

Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 36 42 43 44 45 46
++ New Posts ++