WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Default Any Reason Why I Should Be Banned From The Board

Ah the rumor mill is "circulating" possible talk of shutting me down

For what

I brought up a few controversial subject well this is a BLOG hello that's what people do on chatboards

So let's KEEP IT REAL

He said nothing about banning you. He said something about shutting down the thread...

Both of your threads were about judging others about their poles or burning trash. Perhaps, you should ask yourself what you are looking for on these forums. Just my opinion for what it's worth.

Images

I have no idea what rumors you are talking about, but I will say you really need to learn to play well with others.

The people on this site are some of the most easy going, and knowledgeable people about hiking the AT you will ever talk with (notice I said "With" and not "At". All you need to do is take the chip off your shoulder and enjoy the conversation. Its really that easy.

Maybe take a look at the reaction the "We all have to Eat" thread received and compare it to the hiking pole and trash burning threads. On one thread you came across as having a serious discussion. On the other two you came across as a troll. I will give you a serious answer to a non-troll thread.

No need to shut you down just http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxm5ol6GE48
    "Hiking is as close to God as you can get without going to Church." - BobbyJo Sargent aka milkman Sometimes it's nice to take a long walk in THE FOG.

Images

I suggested that the other thread (trash burning) wasn't getting anywhere and that the THREAD should be shut down - that's all but I am curious what you would like to achieve:

your name suggests that you "wannabe" a thru-hiker meaning (we would assume) you'd like to learn something - - not just tell us what you think and start problems.

I assumed you were running up your post count so you could post in the "selling gear" section.

Images

this is a community. a friendly community. your choice of first post was anything but friendly.your second even less so.as spokesman for the cyberhikers local#57 id like to thank you for allowing us the opportunity to judge you.we love judging people, and you were an easy target.
    on the other hand you can learn a lot here and i believe youll probably have a lot of good stuff to contribute too if you hang around long enough.

welcome to whiteblaze.have you checked out the articles on the home page?a lot of good stuff there
    and yeah we're all idiots too

Images

Quote Originally Posted by hikerboy57 View Post
    this is a community. a friendly community. your choice of first post was anything but friendly.your second even less so.as spokesman for the cyberhikers local#57 id like to thank you for allowing us the opportunity to judge you.we love judging people, and you were an easy target.
    on the other hand you can learn a lot here and i believe youll probably have a lot of good stuff to contribute too if you hang around long enough.

welcome to whiteblaze.have you checked out the articles on the home page?a lot of good stuff there
    good post HB

Images

Quote Originally Posted by hikerboy57 View Post

I gotta be a union member to cyber hike?!?! Say it ain't so, Joe!
    Old Hiker
    AT Hike 2012 - 497 Miles of 2184
    AT Thru Hiker - 29 FEB - 03 OCT 2016 2189.1 miles
    Just because my teeth are showing, does NOT mean I'm smiling.
    Hányszor lennél inkább máshol?

Quote Originally Posted by Old Hiker View Post
    You can be management if you like then won't be allowed in the union.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Old Hiker View Post
    no dues for wbers.
    no benefits either though

Quote Originally Posted by Hosaphone View Post
    I assumed you were running up your post count so you could post in the "selling gear" section.
    I tried telemarketing once in college

Wasn't very successful at it

Seems most folks don't like to refinance their mortgages over the phone about supper time

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Wannabe Thru-Hiker View Post
    Ah the rumor mill is "circulating" possible talk of shutting me down

For what

I brought up a few controversial subject well this is a BLOG hello that's what people do on chatboards

So let's KEEP IT REAL
    What was the favorite part about your hike? Any funny moments/cool stories?

Banned? Nah, go to the Cafe, you'll fit in just fine. Probably get elected President.

PCT, Sheltowee, Pinhoti, LT , BMT, AT, SHT, CDT, TRT 10-K's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by max patch View Post
    Banned? Nah, go to the Cafe, you'll fit in just fine. Probably get elected President.
    Sawyer is looking for people to market The Sawyer In-Line Water Filter (SILWF). Maybe he can get that gig.

The pay isn't good but you get to keep all the filtered water from dealer demos. That's a .50 a gallon discount right there.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by max patch View Post
    we have no officers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeDq_tCCj3o

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Wannabe Thru-Hiker View Post
    Perhaps that's your problem, you want WB to sink to the level of other "chatboards?" I can't imagine why we'd want to do that, nor that the moderators would let WB become so crude, rude, and unattractive.

As a wise man once said: Let's keep it real.

Rain Man

[I]ye shall not pollute the land wherein ye are: ... Defile not therefore the land which ye shall inhabit....[/I]. Numbers 35

[url]www.MeetUp.com/NashvilleBackpacker[/url]

International Man of Mystery BobTheBuilder's Avatar
    Images

Tell you what - give us your user name and a couple of other "chatboards" you are on, and we'll go check out if this pattern of acting like a jackass and then whining about being a victim when people call you on it is something you always do, or whether it is just here.

Just sayin'
    "Waning Gibbous" would be a great trail name.

Quote Originally Posted by brian039 View Post
    What was the favorite part about your hike? Any funny moments/cool stories?
    Well not funny at the time it happened but funny looking back

Half way between Neel's gap and Tenastee nature called so I found a fallen tree and thought perfect spot to drop a duece

Well that son of a b!t˘h was rotted inside and caved in

I was picking wood chips outta my @$$ for afew days

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
++ New Posts ++