WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Journal Entries
    Images

Default Does anyone know anything about these Boots?

I've been looking at a pair of Keen Glarus Hiking Boots and would like to have advice about them. Or a recomendation for some other kind of shoe for the AT. I bought a pair of shoes but they are already having problems with the laces and soles. So please need advice. Trying to keep them under 100.00 if possible. Thanks

Journal Entries
    Images

Looks like its been awhile since you posted, buy Keen hiking shoes/boots IMO are a real good brand. Bought my first pair at Walaysi Crossing.
    "Something hidden. Go and find it. Go, and look behind the Ranges. Something lost behind the Ranges. Lost and waiting for you . . . Go!" (Rudyard Kipling)
    From SunnyWalker, SOBO CDT hiker starting June 2014.
    Please visit: SunnyWalker.Net

Images

I will say without a doubt the best fitting pair of boots I ever owned. The down side is the foot bed keeps coming unglued, even the lugs on the sole keep coming unglued, I have tried several types of glue and nothing will hold. I am tough on boots being 250lbs with a 35lb pack. I bet the same glue holds kids shoes.

my daughter and i both used salomon xa 3d pro's on our sobo thru...love them..neither of us had any foot issues....we both wore the low cut version but if you want a boot height they make the same model in one...good luck on your hike

starbright did you get your tent situation resolved?

Journal Entries
    Images

Yes got the tents situated thank you for asking.

Default Shoe recommendation

Quote Originally Posted by starbright View Post
    I've been looking at a pair of Keen Glarus Hiking Boots and would like to have advice about them. Or a recomendation for some other kind of shoe for the AT. I bought a pair of shoes but they are already having problems with the laces and soles. So please need advice. Trying to keep them under 100.00 if possible. Thanks
    Hey, you may be interested in a pair of Zamberlan Crossers - the boot just received the 2013 Backpacker Magazine Editors' Choice award. I'm the sales manager for Zamberlan and looking to find a couple of AT through-hikers that we can sponsor. We'd offer you our pro deal - which is 45% off retail and you can provide us feedback on the shoe. In women's styles I currently only have the 130's low-cut version. Let me know - Martin (646) 226-2844

++ New Posts ++