WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Supplies?

Images

Quote Originally Posted by gizzy bear View Post
    actually this isn't the thread that was interesting it was the thread that he/she sarted about the thru hike with $1000...my bad.... but still a troll
    There were a few that sounded like all the same person to me, just with different names. Just sayin'.

If you start in Georgia in spring you could pick up dropped gear and food at shelters or hostel hiker boxes. Make your own alky stove, use a kitchen saucepan for a pot. Eat lots of rice and beans, canned goods just outside of towns. Now would be a good time to hit the Florida Trail. Do you know how much a bus or tain ticket from Maine to Florida costs? That $1000 is about $700 after you subtract a bus or train ticket from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Mountain Edward View Post
    If you start in Georgia in spring you could pick up dropped gear and food at shelters or hostel hiker boxes. Make your own alky stove, use a kitchen saucepan for a pot. Eat lots of rice and beans, canned goods just outside of towns. Now would be a good time to hit the Florida Trail. Do you know how much a bus or tain ticket from Maine to Florida costs? That $1000 is about $700 after you subtract a bus or train ticket from it.
    Megabus way cheaper.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by aficion View Post
    Megabus way cheaper.
    Megabus doesn't go to Florida. Alas.

I am a huge patron of Megabus and have family in Florida. If it went there, I would visit them more than I do.

Sent from my YP-GS1 using Tapatalk 2

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
++ New Posts ++