WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default iPhone 5 mounted on a hiking stick?

I'm not set obsessed by any means but I would like to take photos and video of my thru hike attempt and have me in some. Have seen some video of go pros attached to hiking poles and was wondering if I could do this with IPhone as well and what equipment might be needed. Not wanting to carry another camera with me. Also, is there anyway to make phone go to wider camera angle possibly with an app? Thanks for any and all imput

Images

What's wrong with a rubber band? Put some friction tape on the pole if you're worried about the phone sliding down.

I would suggest searching the forums. I remember a post about this and I believe there is a pole that has a screw base at the top for this exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Chubbs4U View Post
    I would suggest searching the forums. I remember a post about this and I believe there is a pole that has a screw base at the top for this exactly.
    Mountain Smith makes one.

Thanks for the responses. I've seen the camera mounts on the mountain smith and this isn't exactly what I'm looking for. If I want the phone to lie flush with the pole or screw into the top I think I leaftye's suggestion will work fine and won't require buying a new pole. Really though I'm thinking or looking for something more like a clamp at the end of my pole with maybe a small ball bearing so that I can get the phone further away a d can adjust the angle

Images

I think there's a way to use a StickPic with an iPhone. Is that what you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Karma13 View Post
    I think there's a way to use a StickPic with an iPhone. Is that what you mean?
    That would work. The adaptor sleeve is required to mount the phone to the stickpic.

Field of view is determinded by the optics, which is fixed. You can make it smaller but not larger. You'd need a panarama app and physically rotate the camara.
    Follow slogoen on Instagram.

Quote Originally Posted by WingedMonkey View Post
    I also have an UltraPod Mini. I love it and have been using one since at least '95, think I'm on my second one. However, for me at least it does not attach securely to a smooth hiking pole, does OK if you don't move it too much. I've taken plenty of pics with it on every thing from tree branches to fence posts, and it's great for standing on a rock or table top, but it tends to slide easily on a smooth surface like a pole.
    Attachment 15067Attachment 15068
    Here's what I use from another thread.
    The trouble I have with campfires are the folks that carry a bottle in one hand and a Bible in the other.
    You never know which one is talking.

If you have the tripod (screw) adaptor, you can get a Gorilla pod. Works awesome for lots of dynamic shots. But, I used a stick-pic as well for certain shots. Happy hiking!

Images

I dunno - found this online: might adapt it:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...phone?ref=live

Images

I have a Sherlock Staff that also has a camera adapter stud at the top, under the ball.

++ New Posts ++