WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Holiday Lodge in Pearisburg?

Has anyone tried out this motel, which appears to be under new ownership. If weather holds up, I may hike in the area over the next two weekends...hopefully the ice on the ridgelines will melt by then.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev..._Virginia.html

Address: 401 N. Main, Pearisburg, VA (Formerly Holiday Motor Lodge)Region:United States >Virginia >Pearisburg

Amenities:
    Free High-Speed InternetFree ParkingKids ActivitiesKitchenettePets AllowedSwimming Pool

Hotel Style:
    Price Range: $
    Official Description (provided by the hotel):Holiday Lodge City Corp, Manager at Holiday Motor Lodge, responded to this review November 14, 2012 The Holiday Motor Lodge is under new Ownership and management as of September 18, 2012 and is now operating under Holiday Lodge (City Corp). Thank you for taking the time to comment on your past experience at the Holiday Lodge and we apologize that it was not what you had expected or deserved as a customer.It is our goal to provide customer service to the highest quality. Under our new management and staff we are working currently to up-grade all rooms and the exterior. We will also be offering the following amenities.• Friendly customer service• Pet Friendly• Tanning Beds• Coin Operated Laundry• WiFi• Seasonal Out Door Pool• Coffee in office• Hiker Discounts• Contractor Rates• Military Discounts• ATM • Mail Drops• Pool table and Game roomWe look forward to servicing your needs in the future and making the Holiday Lodge a destination that is inviting, comfortable and relaxing for all our guests.

Haven't heard anything about it.... FYI... McAfee Knob still has ice on it, as of yesterday morning... don't know if that means anything to u and the ridgelines you plan to be on.

You are really getting ur hiking ON! Let us know when you get really close to finishing... we should have a "cyber finishing party" for ya!

Quote Originally Posted by HikerMomKD View Post
    Haven't heard anything about it.... FYI... McAfee Knob still has ice on it, as of yesterday morning... don't know if that means anything to u and the ridgelines you plan to be on.

You are really getting ur hiking ON! Let us know when you get really close to finishing... we should have a "cyber finishing party" for ya!
    Here is a picture OF THE TRAIL 45 trail miles north of Pearisburg from last Sunday:

2012-12-30_13-49-59_741.jpg

Not coincidentally, this is where I put my microspikes on...

Next weekend (weather permitting) will be my virtual halfway point. So might have to wait a bit for that cyber celebration--but thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by joshuasdad View Post
    Here is a picture OF THE TRAIL 45 trail miles north of Pearisburg from last Sunday:

2012-12-30_13-49-59_741.jpg

Not coincidentally, this is where I put my microspikes on...

Next weekend (weather permitting) will be my virtual halfway point. So might have to wait a bit for that cyber celebration--but thanks!
    Oh... so jealous! Wow... pretty! I'm sorry- I couldn't remember where u where on ur goal.... it's old age. But, we will celebrate!! We can celebrate the half way then. Good luck for next weekend!! I think it's cool that u are knocking out the miles in the winter 2.

++ New Posts ++