WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Going to the Yukon Territory for the summer. Need a good LIGHT sleeping bag

So yea I'm going to the Yukon Territory for a little journey and I need a good 5-10 degree sleeping bag with about 3 lbs of fill. Im tall at 6 6 so i need a long (i know this will up the weight but such is life). Does anyone know of a good durable down bag that would fit these requirements and be under 4 lbs?
    Gradual Change You Can Believe in.

Live deliberately.

GA-ME 2011
    Images

How about a Montbell UL SS Down Hugger #0 Long?

http://www.montbell.us/products/disp...5&p_id=2321152

I have a #1 which I really like.
    "Chainsaw" GA-ME 2011

A 30 degree bag is plenty.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Darwin13 View Post
    So yea I'm going to the Yukon Territory for a little journey and I need a good 5-10 degree sleeping bag with about 3 lbs of fill. Im tall at 6 6 so i need a long (i know this will up the weight but such is life). Does anyone know of a good durable down bag that would fit these requirements and be under 4 lbs?
    A bag with 3 pounds of down fill will be a -40°F bag.

Quote Originally Posted by swjohnsey View Post
    A 30 degree bag is plenty.
    Depends on what period of "summer" he'll be up there. Based on my experience in Yukon and Alaska in '10, fall arrives in mid-August and night temps can go below 30. I don't know if he needs a 5-10 degree bag but if I were going, I'd take a warmer bag - at least supplement the 30 degree bag with a liner

And it also depends on what part of the Yukon. If he's hiking the high country of Kluane National Park, I can't see a 30 degree bag cutting it.

The fall colors in the Yukon are spectacular, especially up the slopes in Kluane.

Thanks for the info. Still looking for the specific bag I asked. I have a 20 degree bag and a 35 degree bag but i want a 5-10 degree bag, with a lighter weight.

Also about the 3 lbs fill, that was a mistake, i was thinking about a synthetic.
    Gradual Change You Can Believe in.

Live deliberately.

++ New Posts ++