WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Good deal on Sawyer squeeze

Drvita.com has them for $40.67 and then use the discount code MOTHER10, for 10 percent off, plus free shipping. Not a bad deal if your looking at getting one ( and no, I don't work for them, just found this the other day and thought I'd pass it along).

Thanks

Images

In for one! Thanks for the post!

Thanks Chris. Have been looking for one of these on a deal for a while now.

Images

Not sure if I should thank you for saving me a few bucks, or yell at you for encouraging me to spend $36.60.......
    Oh well, thanks..... it's been a few days since the UPS guy has stopped by anyway.
    YOURSELF Find, Know, Be

click HERE to become rich!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris10 View Post
    Drvita.com has them for $40.67 and then use the discount code MOTHER10, for 10 percent off, plus free shipping. Not a bad deal if your looking at getting one ( and no, I don't work for them, just found this the other day and thought I'd pass it along).

Thanks
    The price seems almost too good to be true. I throw up a red flag on this, just be sure it's an authentic squeeze. I've been caught more than once buying a "good deal", when it turned out to be a Chinese imitation. The only real questionable part would be the 0.1 micron filter. If its not made by sawyer, then just how good is the filter?

If possible, call the Sawyer company and ask about distributors.

I sure hope I haven't raised a non issue!
    Last edited by Deacon; 01-06-2013 at 18:22.

Hopefully it is what they say it is. I checked BBB before I ordered and they had a great rating (not that it means everything). The only issues seem to be the speed of delivery. I'll just make sure I give it a good look over before use.

for the price i opted to test the waters. the item is NOT in stock and says it usually ships within 5-10 days. i'll give it two weeks and see what happens. i already have one, so if it takes 3 weeks then i'm still coming out ahead. should be interesting...

I hope it wasn't one of those where they only had "one" in stock at that price? I ordered one, and it went through, just waiting for it to ship.......hopefully!

Anyone find anything else thats a good deal on that site? I saw permethrin was a couple dollars cheaper. Is the 10% one item or the entire order?

Also any idea how long that coupon code is good for?

"Anyone find anything else thats a good deal on that site? I saw permethrin was a couple dollars cheaper. Is the 10% one item or the entire order?"

Thats funny. I ordered the Permethrin also. And yes its 10% off the entire order.

I just replaced mine and ordered one for a friend. I accidentally let my last one freeze and would rather be safe than sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by lukabrazi View Post
    I just replaced mine and ordered one for a friend. I accidentally let my last one freeze and would rather be safe than sorry.
    There's a test you could do to see whether or not it's broken: http://media.cascadedesigns.com/pdf/...ilter_test.pdf

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Bucho View Post
    There's a test you could do to see whether or not it's broken: http://media.cascadedesigns.com/pdf/...ilter_test.pdf
    That test is useful, but only confirms that the filter has gone bad, not that it's still good. Replacing that filter was the prudent thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by leaftye View Post
    That test is useful, but only confirms that the filter has gone bad, not that it's still good. Replacing that filter was the prudent thing to do.
    Ahhh..care to justify that as the test explicitly states that the fibers are ok if you can't blow air through?

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Bucho View Post
    Ahhh..care to justify that as the test explicitly states that the fibers are ok if you can't blow air through?
    Customer rep from one of the filter companies said that. I don't remember which company, but it was also a fiber filter.

Quote Originally Posted by leaftye View Post
    Customer rep from one of the filter companies said that. I don't remember which company, but it was also a fiber filter.
    *sigh* I was hoping you had more of an explanation than that because what I've been saying is straight out of the Cascade Designs FAQ: http://cascadedesigns.com/platypus/FAQ "What about freezing?

Once you have used your CleanStream™ filter and wet the Hollow Fiber filter media, the fibers will remain wet for a very long time. Therefore, it is important to prevent it from freezing, which can permanently damage the filter media. If you are traveling in areas where you are expecting freezing or near freezing temperatures, bring the filter into your tent, or even your sleeping bag. The included, watertight hose barb covers will prevent any leakage wherever you store it. If you think your filter may have been damaged by freezing, perform a Filter Test before the next use."

Anyone get theres yet?

Quote Originally Posted by lukabrazi View Post
    Anyone get theres yet?
    in keeping with the number of negative reviews about their shipping, this one doesn't look like its going to be a positive experience, either. here are my notes from my call today with them:

1/16: called at 11:26am EST and CustSvc rep said the item is not in stock but that it has been ordered. It has not arrived from the manufacturer and they have no indication right now for when it will arrive. She suggested it would likely be sometime next week.

i'll update again next week...

I think it says it ships in 5 to 15 days or something to that effect. I think I'm on day number 9 or 10, so Im hoping it will get shipped soon. I don't mind waiting a few extra days if need be, but will be calling them if I don't here something within a week. I don't have plans to use it until the summer, so I'm not in a great rush anyway..will let you know whe I hear something.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
++ New Posts ++