WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Jetboil Stove

Question Jetboil Stove

I'm New To This List I Just Received A Jb Stove As A Present Anyone Have Any Experience With It? It Seems Like A Nice Setup To Me Light Efficient And Safe. Lit. States That It'll Boil 12 Liters With One Cannister. (kinda Doubt That) Probably Take It On A Short Hike Soon Btw --- Trailname ---------ez

Images

Quote Originally Posted by mrc237
    I'm New To This List I Just Received A Jb Stove As A Present Anyone Have Any Experience With It? It Seems Like A Nice Setup To Me Light Efficient And Safe. Lit. States That It'll Boil 12 Liters With One Cannister. (kinda Doubt That) Probably Take It On A Short Hike Soon Btw --- Trailname ---------ez
    i love my jetboil,i bought my wife the jetboil companion,an awesome set upneo

http://www.jetboil.com/

http://www.jetboil.com/Products/Accessories

Geezer

I'm New To This List I Just Received A Jb Stove As A Present Anyone Have Any Experience With It? It Seems Like A Nice Setup To Me Light Efficient And Safe. Lit. States That It'll Boil 12 Liters With One Cannister. (kinda Doubt That)
    It will surprise you with its efficiency and its speed.
    Frosty

Images

Default new JB stove support

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty
    It will surprise you with its efficiency and its speed.

On May 13th, JB released for purchase a kit to allow for a cannister stabilizer and a pot support so you can use another pot / mug / skillet on the JB stove. I sense one of these in my near future...

Geezer

Quote Originally Posted by Tabasco
    On May 13th, JB released for purchase a kit to allow for a cannister stabilizer and a pot support so you can use another pot / mug / skillet on the JB stove. I sense one of these in my near future...
    I saw them at Traildays, but the efficiency comes from their pot with the heat fins. A stabilizer might be handy as the unit is fairly tall and slender. On the other hand, mine never fell over.
    Frosty

Images

i love it,its fuel efficent,the cozy lkeeps everything hot for a good while
    people at jet boil are awesome,the owner of the company lives in hanover
    new hampshires and has invited me to spend the night with him and his family
    when i pass thru in sept this year, neo

Got All The Attachments As Well Cofee Press And Stablizer + Pot Grid Will Probably Use It Nw Btw There Is A Tread On This Site With Good Info

LT '79; AT '73-'14 in sections; Donating Member Kerosene's Avatar
    Images

I saw about 6 thru-hikers with the JetBoil, all of whom loved it for the convenience, speed, and efficiency (although I'm sure they haven't done any scientific studies!). Many of these guys cook two dinners and they've said a 200g canister lasts them for weeks.
    GA←↕→ME: 1973 to 2014

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Kerosene
    I saw about 6 thru-hikers with the JetBoil, all of whom loved it for the convenience, speed, and efficiency (although I'm sure they haven't done any scientific studies!). Many of these guys cook two dinners and they've said a 200g canister lasts them for weeks.
    its an awesome personal cook system neo

Images

dont doubt it,little cartride will do more neo

I have a canister stove different model (Primus, alpine titanium) with a 12 oz canister
    (8 oz of fuel), a full canister last's me on average 10 - 12 days, thats heating water for oatmeal in the morning, heating a little water to rinse my pot out, cooking dinner in the evening (sometime a hot drink in the morning or evening also but not often) and again heating a little water to rinse the pot at night.

As I have posted here many time before, if you camp where you eat, do not unscrew the canister in the evening, leave it screwed on until morning. Reason being, every time you unscrew the canister you lose just a little bit of fuel and that adds up after a ten days, of doing it twice a day.

A last thought, most stoves and canister have the same thread pattern, making them interchangeabe, I have used almost every make canister out there with my Primus stove, fuel mixtures are little different but I have not notice enough of a difference to matter.
    Last edited by TakeABreak; 06-06-2005 at 07:56. Reason: info

I've heard you can't use the JetBoil cannister with other models, but you can use other models with the JetBoil stove. I haven't used a JetBoil cannister with my JB yet...the other brands have given me no problems.

LT '79; AT '73-'14 in sections; Donating Member Kerosene's Avatar
    Images

I successfully used the JetBoil canister with my Snow Peak GigaPower burner. The 100g canister lasted me for 8 days of low-use water boiling. It would probably have lasted longer if I had been better about using a wind shield.
    GA←↕→ME: 1973 to 2014

That's good...I wonder if it's just certain brands that won't work with the JB cannister. Or maybe it was just a marketing conspiracy against JB by the evil big corporations...

Do-it-yourself pepsi can stoves - $20 each. Amigi'sLastStand's Avatar
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Just Jeff
    I've heard you can't use the JetBoil cannister with other models, but you can use other models with the JetBoil stove. I haven't used a JetBoil cannister with my JB yet...the other brands have given me no problems.
    I was a JetBoil user until the heat sink// thermal transfer thing broke off on its own. No abuse at all. It went in my closet fine, then broke off as I was testing it three weeks ago. I gave up on it, but I had five canisters left from a deal I got on 24 of em on ebay. They do not fit my new Coleman micro stove I just bought yesterday ( thank you John ). It's not the thread, but how the nipple is recessed further down into the canister. I tried my neighbors MSR ( not sure which one ) and it didnt fit either. The JetBoil seems to be able to use other canisters fine though.

Is this others experience as well?
    You are in heaven.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Jeff
    You can definitely use an MSR canister with a JetBoil, since I am using one now. Works fine, but it is too big to put in the cup, like you can with JB canisters.
    Early Bird 2007

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Tabasco
    Just yesterday I bought the orange JetBoil 1.5 liter pot that will sit on any canister stove. It blows my mind how fast that thing is cooking! I'll definitely take a lot less gas in the future.

I'm taking it on a Franklin to Fontana hike, leaving this afternoon or early tomorrow, and I'll let y'all know if it's worth 44.95.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimhfoster
    You can definitely use an MSR canister with a JetBoil, since I am using one now. Works fine, but it is too big to put in the cup, like you can with JB canisters.
    Other brands make the smaller size that still fits in the cup. I use SnowPeak cannisters and they fit in.

I put the plastic cap on, then put them in the cup upside down, then put my stove on top. Otherwise, the cannister bottom scratches the cup.

Images

i use the snow peak cannister 110 grams of fuel at $2.95 it work better than jetboil fuel in cold weather
    http://www.rei.com/online/store/Prod...cat=REI_SEARCH

jetboil fuel is 100 grams of fuel at $4.00

they both will fit in jetboils cook set, but like i said before i like snow peak fuel better,more fuel,less money and it works better in cold weather neo

Images

I can vouch for the efficiency - 90 seconds will get you 2 cups to a rolling boil. - That's where the weight savings is - cary less fuel!!

Love the JetBoil.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
++ New Posts ++