Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Getting out as much as I can..which is never enough. :) Mags's Avatar

Default Tell it on the Mountain

This semi-legendary PCT documentary is finished..almost 10 yrs later.

http://tellitonthemountain.com/

We saw a very impressive clip of it at 2003 ADZPCTKO

Watching the clips again makes me really want to get out there again.
    Paul "Mags" Magnanti
    http://pmags.com
    Twitter: @pmagsco
    Facebook: pmagsblog

The true harvest of my life is intangible...a little stardust caught,a portion of the rainbow I have clutched -Thoreau

Images

Every one of my pics I look at make we want to get back out there!

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Mike View Post
    Every one of my pics I look at make we want to get back out there!
    Every one of your pics makes me wanna get out there too.

PCT, Sheltowee, Pinhoti, LT , BMT, AT, SHT, CDT, TRT 10-K's Avatar

Very nice...

Images

Just ordered mine

The website has been showing it will be done in the next 3 months since at least 2007. It was kind of like an urban myth that it even existed. I long ago gave up on it ever being finished and released. I remember seeing a cut of it at the 2009 ADZPCTKO and thinking it had a lot of potential.

Let me know if anyone actually receives a copy when they order and I'll likely order it.

They are actually have an honest-to-goodness premier on the 17th:
    http://mailman.backcountry.net/piper...ry/064121.html

Dare I say it is actually done?

FWIW, they also started a Twitter account promoting it.

But yes, it has been vaporware for about a decade now. :O
    Paul "Mags" Magnanti

The true harvest of my life is intangible...a little stardust caught,a portion of the rainbow I have clutched -Thoreau

Images

Oh, oh. I hope it is real. They have my money.

Quote Originally Posted by imscotty View Post
    My gut feeling say it is real if they are all of sudden actively promoting and premiering it in about a month.
    Paul "Mags" Magnanti

Registered User Caveman of Ohio's Avatar
    Images

I ordered my dvd on October 11, 2008. It better be one hell of a movie.

Quote Originally Posted by imscotty View Post
    They have had my money for years.
    Find the LIGHT STUFF at QiWiz.net

The lightest cathole trowels, wood burning stoves, windscreens, spatulas,
    cooking options, titanium and aluminum pots, and buck saws on the planet

Hello friends.

Producing and editing Tell it on the Mountain has been a very time consuming passion project. This journey from idea to final edit has been much like a thru hike, with injuries, distractions and real life getting in the way... However... We're at the terminus. We signed the journal, we're ready to show you the pictures from our adventure.

We're premiering the film next week in San Francisco (invite only at this time) and screening a pre-premiere Thursday night, February 7th in Oneonta, NY (open to the public) at 7pm at the Red Dragon Theater.

More screenings to be announced soon.

DVD's will begin shipping at the end of the month. (They're being replicated as I type this)

QiWiz, Caveman, imscotty - Thank you for your patience. We hope you truly enjoy the film. Would love to chat with you after you get the DVD's and have a chance to watch the film.

Stay tuned for the new website, Facebook page and some new video snippets we'll be releasing around the web.

More to come in the next month or so... soon. Really.

Just watched a copy of it tonight. Gotta say, it was rather well done.

Gonna be hard to go to work in the morning. Tell you that much.....
    Paul "Mags" Magnanti

Quote Originally Posted by TellitontheMountain View Post
    Hello friends.

Producing and editing Tell it on the Mountain has been a very time consuming passion project. This journey from idea to final edit has been much like a thru hike, with injuries, distractions and real life getting in the way... However... We're at the terminus. We signed the journal, we're ready to show you the pictures from our adventure.

We're premiering the film next week in San Francisco (invite only at this time) and screening a pre-premiere Thursday night, February 7th in Oneonta, NY (open to the public) at 7pm at the Red Dragon Theater.

More screenings to be announced soon.

DVD's will begin shipping at the end of the month. (They're being replicated as I type this)

QiWiz, Caveman, imscotty - Thank you for your patience. We hope you truly enjoy the film. Would love to chat with you after you get the DVD's and have a chance to watch the film.

Stay tuned for the new website, Facebook page and some new video snippets we'll be releasing around the web.

More to come in the next month or so... soon. Really.
    OK, I've waited for six years (SIX YEARS!) since ordering in February, 2007 and it's now well over a month since the post above was written. No DVD in my mailbox yet. TIOTM website now says DVDs will be shipping in late March. Deja vu all over again. Overpromise, underdeliver.

I'm glad Mags has actually seen it. Gives me a tiny bit of hope.
    Find the LIGHT STUFF at QiWiz.net

The lightest cathole trowels, wood burning stoves, windscreens, spatulas,
    cooking options, titanium and aluminum pots, and buck saws on the planet

Images

I had thought about buying this DVD yrs ago. Considering how long folks have waited for it i am glad I didn't
    Conquest: It is not the Mountain we conquer but Ourselves

I would pay double to see a few hours of unedited Scott Williamson footage, but this will have to do in the meantime.

Images

Hello All, Just got my copy of "Tell it on the Mountain" in the mail. It is real, it is out. Actually, to make up for the long wait, they sent me two copies! I will post a review as soon as I have a chance to watch it.

Images

Looking forward to this. Glad to see Scott Williamson is in it. Loved the story Backpacker did on his yoyo hike of the trail.
    Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit, and as vital to our lives as water and good bread.
    -Edward Abbey

Quote Originally Posted by Luddite View Post
    Looking forward to this. Glad to see Scott Williamson is in it. Loved the story Backpacker did on his yoyo hike of the trail.
    BTW, Scott mentioned in his Trailcast interview (in a very diplomatic way) that the article purposely mischaracterized his motivations and was intentionally exaggerated for effect, especially the part about the death of Kenny being the sole source of motivation for completing his Yo-Yo. Donna Saufley, one of Scott's close friends and an incredible PCT trail angel, also mentioned that the said article is the reason why he avoids giving interviews now. I dunno, I'm not exactly too knowledgeable about Scott's life, but taking a story about an incredible, almost unimaginable, achievement and testament to human will and reducing it to a bunch of romanticized platitudes about his personal life seems very shameful and unprofessional to me. The one thing I am sure of is that the author of the article is a total cock.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by trovar View Post
    BTW, Scott mentioned in his Trailcast interview (in a very diplomatic way) that the article purposely mischaracterized his motivations and was intentionally exaggerated for effect, especially the part about the death of Kenny being the sole source of motivation for completing his Yo-Yo. Donna Saufley, one of Scott's close friends and an incredible PCT trail angel, also mentioned that the said article is the reason why he avoids giving interviews now. I dunno, I'm not exactly too knowledgeable about Scott's life, but taking a story about an incredible, almost unimaginable, achievement and testament to human will and reducing it to a bunch of romanticized platitudes about his personal life seems very shameful and unprofessional to me. The one thing I am sure of is that the author of the article is a total cock.
    Interesting. That's a shame because it was so well written.

Anyways, downloading the movie right now which should take about 2 weeks with my sow internet.
    Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit, and as vital to our lives as water and good bread.
    -Edward Abbey

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
++ New Posts ++