WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by BirdBrain View Post
    I am not convinced that he is real either. I figure if he is trying to have fun at our expense, why not return the favor. If he is just having fun, we should too. If he is truly ignorant, I don't have the heart to give any serious admonishment to someone this far detached from reality.
    I think he is real. His first posts were normal. Or this could be a trick to confuse us on his troll status.

An Englishman, from New Hampshire? Perhaps he was cast out from the Queens land, and is now a vagabond.

Quote Originally Posted by snowblind View Post
    An Englishman, from New Hampshire? Perhaps he was cast out from the Queens land, and is now a vagabond.
    Moved here last May....born and bred in Shakespeare country, the Midlands.

Came here voluntarily also, unlike many of your forefathers and those you are descended from.

I like this guy

GA-ME 2011
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Fur Queue View Post
    Came here voluntarily also, unlike many of your forefathers and those you are descended from.
    Piers is that you?
    "Chainsaw" GA-ME 2011

Images

Your pack list.please post it.we need to know if your a real hiker.also stare into your screen so we can do a retina scan.

Quote Originally Posted by hikerboy57:1398654
    Your pack list.please post it.we need to know if your a real hiker.also stare into your screen so we can do a retina scan.
    And medical records for knee, ankle or foot injuries.

Images

Now say the OP's Name fast three times.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Rasty View Post
    And medical records for knee, ankle or foot injuries.
    there will be a quiz at the end of this thread of 20 questions regarding proper LNT.with a 90% passing grade you will be given the correct answer to your question, which is of course, no you cant do that.

I descend from Thomas Rogers, Stephen Hopkins, and Richard Warren. Perhaps you have heard of their boat. 3 of my ancestors fought in the Revolutionary War. One was on board the Unity which took the Margaretta in the 1st naval battle of that war. 4 fought in the Civil War. My family crossed the pond a long time ago and voluntarily. What took you so long?
    In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by hikerboy57 View Post
    there will be a quiz at the end of this thread of 20 questions regarding proper LNT.with a 90% passing grade you will be given the correct answer to your question, which is of course, no you cant do that.
    A little help may be needed. You assume he knows what the acronym LNT stands for.
    In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. - Abraham Lincoln

Images

A little help may be needed. You assume he knows what the acronym LNT stands for.
    well he better hope he loves new testament

well he better hope he loves new testament
    One down. Now help him with HYOH.

Images

We are heading South from Maine in June or July, we plan to hike the Maine section...my question is this....Are there any dustbins along the trail? An Englishman doesn't like to carry his rubbish along with him if at all possible. if the answer is no, is it acceptable to carefully place your garbage in someone else's pack while they are sleeping? Someone who is a strong advocate of such things obviously? Thanks in advance!
    just so you know, we're not crazy about carrying our own trash either. thats what british servants are for

Images

And how soon before Scotland Yard comes looking for you for being a litterbug back home?

Images

One down. Now help him with HYOH.
    the beginning of http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDedUcmvgL8

silver?

What a labyrinth it is navigating opinions to accumulate a decent gear list...What one man swears by another has suffered a near death experience from! I am totally new to the whole mullarkey...and I have to buy two of everything but I think we are doing quite well and should have a base weight of around ten or eleven pounds, although, I am prepared to be shocked when we actually weigh everything...We haven't got as far as trail ethics yet...I'm sure most of it is common sense...surely nobody would object to the offering of freshly picked wild flowers to any fair maidens we encounter along the way would they?

the beginning of http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDedUcmvgL8

silver?
    Har!! Ain't no tripping you up is there?

What a labyrinth it is navigating opinions to accumulate a decent gear list...What one man swears by another has suffered a near death experience from! I am totally new to the whole mullarkey...and I have to buy two of everything but I think we are doing quite well and should have a base weight of around ten or eleven pounds, although, I am prepared to be shocked when we actually weigh everything...We haven't got as far as trail ethics yet...I'm sure most of it is common sense...surely nobody would object to the offering of freshly picked wild flowers to any fair maidens we encounter along the way would they?
    Make sure you pack lots of cotton and remember shiny leaves of 3 are the bees knees.

Seriously though: No matter what you pack or do, someone will tell you that you are dead wrong. HYOH silver.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
++ New Posts ++