WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Free Kindle book on building a wood burning stove

I don't know if the book is any good. However, I've noticed that the ultralighters that want hot food tend to like these small wood burning stoves. You can get a book on building one for your Kindle. And the current price is zero.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008C6F1D0/
    Fred Coulter

My Hikes
    Working on the Florida Trailwalker program: 9 down; 1 to go

AT 2012

thanks!!! i love it when people share like this...
    Lazarus

Journal Entries
    Images

Great - did you see all the suggested prepper books underneath? or is it just targeting my computer?
    Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.

Woo

I do not have a "Kindle"
    I do not own a "Nook"
    But for each I have the app for computers to pirate all there free books
    hehe and sometimes I feel a little guilty...but not really. Thanks for the heads up!
    Last edited by rocketsocks; 01-27-2013 at 07:34. Reason: Did I say pirate, I meant "Dirt Baggin", and beating up on the Authors for the few pennies they might got if I bought it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Old Owl View Post
    Great - did you see all the suggested prepper books underneath? or is it just targeting my computer?
    No I see them too, and will get pop-ups untill I clear all cookies and view some other products, and will get e-mail alerts for all the free downloading, so yep, they get somethin out of the deal...free advertising, and a way into my world....

Quote Originally Posted by rocketsocks View Post
    I do not have a "Kindle"
    I do not own a "Nook"
    hehe and sometimes I feel a little guilty...but not really. Thanks for the heads up!
    If you're using the app to read them, you aren't pirating anything. They created the apps for people who don't own the readers.

Thanks for the heads up on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Jones View Post
    If you're using the app to read them, you aren't pirating anything. They created the apps for people who don't own the readers.

Thanks for the heads up on this.
    Yeah but pirating gives me that naughty feeling I sometimes require, if only in my mind.

Images

Where it says?

"Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought"

I subscribe to Free Book Sifter myself. I don't check it as often as I should and someone always seems to beat me to posting the good ones.

http://www.freebooksifter.com/?c=24&n

Quote Originally Posted by rocketsocks View Post
    I do not have a "Kindle"
    I do not own a "Nook"
    Just Google "Kindle for desktop PCs". It's free to download. You don't have to buy a Kindle to read the books.

How can you "pirate" something that is free? Lot's of sites offer free books. Check out Project Gutenberg.
    Last edited by atraildreamer; 01-30-2013 at 12:08.

"To make an end is to make a beginning. The end is where we start from." - T.S. Eliot

Images

Thanks for sharing this. I appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by atraildreamer View Post
    Just Google "Kindle for desktop PCs". It's free to download. You don't have to buy a Kindle to read the books.
    Brilliant!!!

Images

Cool link ty

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by leaftye View Post
    Where it says?

"Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought"

That's a sales gimmick - Now that you got this FREE Flat Screen - you will need this $50 HDMI CABLE! (Sears) People did not by the two together... its a well thought out search cookie. Hense my comment "targeting my computer"
    Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.

Woo

Images

That's a sales gimmick - Now that you got this FREE Flat Screen - you will need this $50 HDMI CABLE! (Sears) People did not by the two together... its a well thought out search cookie. Hense my comment "targeting my computer"
    Why and how would it be a search cookie instead of exactly what it says? That's not at all how "search cookies" work. If it was a cookie, it'd detect what you bought elsewhere, or show ads related to what you bought here when you go to other websites. Amazon doesn't need to mess around with this cookie business since what their customers buy is stored in their database.

I find this website feature imminently useful. Like if buying a catalytic heater, I might buy a spare wick too. Well, that can be tough to find if I don't already have the model #. Fortunately others have already searched for and bought it. I find the "Viewed" bar more useful though since I use it to find the best variation of a type of product. Does it help Amazon? Sure. It does because it helps me find what I'm looking for.

Since you brought up prepper books, I must say that books are one of the least things I find that thing useful for, particularly with fiction. I don't care what other people are reading. I would care for the next installment in a series, and you'll probably hate this too, but Amazon also has individual pages for better known authors to make it easier for readers to their books.

The closest thing to what you're talking about is the "recommend items" that Amazon suggests, and that's seen on the front page, category pages and on one of the pages on the way to checking out. The last one does feel pushy.

Quote Originally Posted by leaftye View Post
    Why and how would it be a search cookie instead of exactly what it says? That's not at all how "search cookies" work. If it was a cookie, it'd detect what you bought elsewhere, or show ads related to what you bought here when you go to other websites. Amazon doesn't need to mess around with this cookie business since what their customers buy is stored in their database.

I find this website feature imminently useful. Like if buying a catalytic heater, I might buy a spare wick too. Well, that can be tough to find if I don't already have the model #. Fortunately others have already searched for and bought it. I find the "Viewed" bar more useful though since I use it to find the best variation of a type of product. Does it help Amazon? Sure. It does because it helps me find what I'm looking for.

Since you brought up prepper books, I must say that books are one of the least things I find that thing useful for, particularly with fiction. I don't care what other people are reading. I would care for the next installment in a series, and you'll probably hate this too, but Amazon also has individual pages for better known authors to make it easier for readers to their books.

The closest thing to what you're talking about is the "recommend items" that Amazon suggests, and that's seen on the front page, category pages and on one of the pages on the way to checking out. The last one does feel pushy.
    I noticed at the store the other day... B&N, my receipt had a section that said you may also like these titles, and listed about five other books with-in the same grouping, (Cause I can't spell genera), and I did, had a couple of them already.
    Last edited by rocketsocks; 01-27-2013 at 17:45.

Journal Entries
    Images

Well Lefteye - It's a cookie or Its tracking my preferences when I go to the page because it logs me in each time. I spent half an hour looking at which bible I wanted on my phone... A month later it was suggesting other bibles. And I never looked at Prepping books... So how does looking at portable wood stove oh nevermind..... I just answered my own question.

Woo

Thanks I will check it out

++ New Posts ++