WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Images

Post Seventh Annual WhiteBlaze Nashville Winter Dinner - Saturday, February 23, 2013

Seventh Annual WhiteBlaze Nashville Winter Dinner
    Saturday, February 23, 2013

Here's the itinerary (you are welcome to any or all of the activities):

2:00 - for those who would like, and if someone will volunteer to lead?-- a hike at Radnor Lake State Natural Area. Details to be announced. I need one or more volunteers to be in charge of this for me, please.

5:00 - Dinner at Ruby Tuesday next door to REI in Brentwood. RSVPs are very helpful, so I can tell Ruby Tuesday how many to expect.

7:00 - Presentation next door at REI by Tony Hook, Executive Director of the Cumberland Trail Conference. The Cumberland Trail runs from Chattanooga, TN to Cumberland Gap, KY, parallel to the Appalachian Trail. It is a part of the Great Eastern Trail system that will ultimately offer an alternative long-distance trail in the eastern USA, to the Appalachian Trail.

Questions? Volunteers? Complaints? Anyone needing a place to stay? Anyone offering a place to stay for out-of-towners?

Here is the address (and phone number) for the Nashville REI (Ruby Tuesday is next door)--
    261 Franklin Road
    Brentwood, TN 37027
    (615) 376-4248

Check this thread for changes and updates, which I'll post if necessary.

I'm looking forward to seeing whoever is able to attend. Last year we had three dozen for dinner. Nothing like getting together for good food and yakking with fellow AT hikers. Well, except for hiking!

RainMan
    [I]ye shall not pollute the land wherein ye are: ... Defile not therefore the land which ye shall inhabit....[/I]. Numbers 35

[url]www.MeetUp.com/NashvilleBackpacker[/url]

Images

count me in rain man.i will be there for sureneo

Images

Quote Originally Posted by neo View Post
    count me in rain man.i will be there for sureneo
    i cant make the hike because i dont get off work till 2:45.but i will be there for dinner.neo

Sorry-- I start ridgerunning in Georgia on the 21 I will be thinking of you guys.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Razor View Post
    Sorry-- I start ridgerunning in Georgia on the 21 I will be thinking of you guys.
    Will be thinking of you! Have a good year ridgerunning!

Rain Man

[I]ye shall not pollute the land wherein ye are: ... Defile not therefore the land which ye shall inhabit....[/I]. Numbers 35

Images

Thumbs up Saturday's dinner and Cumberland Trail presentation at REI.

Well, looks like the turn-out may be low this year, but we'll have fun anyway! REI is posting the Cumberland Trail presentation themselves, since it's in their "community room."

Between RSVPs here on Hammock Forums, and on WhiteBlaze, and the Nashville Backpacker meetup group, and REI, we should have a nice little group! And, as in past years, a few extras (always welcome) are able to show up last minute. Spread the word.

Rain Man

Images

I plan to be at the Radnor Lake Visitor's Center off Granny White Pike at 2:00 for those interested in the hike.

Rain Man

I've seen the pics in your gallery from last year, looked really nice Rain Man, first class!

++ New Posts ++