WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default 2-3 guys NOBO ~ March 9th-10th Seeking Companions For The Start

We are John and Adam, both 20. We're just looking for some people to join us on the start of the trail. We may have found a third person locally to join us for the whole trip. We don't plan on doing the approach trail . Fairly decent hikers, been doing a lot of conditioning these past months. Age and gender don't much matter to us, just anyone who can keep up with us is alright. If our paces stop matching we can just part ways at any time you feel like, no strings attached

We're more looking for a safe community setting while it's all still fresh. Once we get into the daily routine it doesn't matter too much if you continue with us or not.

Heading down on most likely the 9th, staying at a cheap motel in Ellijay, GA. Start the actual trail on 10th.

Im starting around the 10th as well. Starting solo so I would enjoy a group to start out with. Ive done the approach trail at least 5 times so skipping that would not make a difference.

Alright sounds good. We live in the Knoxville area of Tennessee and are having a friend drive us down to Ellijay. If you are serious and would like to creep on us a bit to make sure we're not creeps I can pm you mine and John's fb along with numbers if you'd like to ask any questions. Like I said earlier we're pretty open to whoever and whatever, so we don't have many question.

Journal Entries

Well you three and the other 30 people starting that day. I think you will have a hard time getting privacy. Forced Companionship can get in the way of natural flow of the trail. If you start to try to control the trail, it will defeat u. Take it as it comes. Good luck

Journal Entries

Hang around the parking lot for about 30 min and youll make a couple of new friends you can start with.
    It will work itself out every day.
    Last edited by MuddyWaters; 02-03-2013 at 01:26.

i know its late but if you havent left yet i would love to meet up. I am also a 20 year old male who will be in ellijay in the next week. My name is Owen. Let me know

++ New Posts ++