WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Shaw's is open for 2005

It's official, Shaw's Lodging of Monson, Maine is open for the 2005 hiking season. Southbounders should start rolling in any day now.
    Teej

"[ATers] represent three percent of our use and about twenty percent of our effort," retired Baxter Park Director Jensen Bissell.

Images

Yes Keith JR is running the place.

I happened to be thumbing thru the most current Backpacker edition at Barnes n Noble today and saw that there was a short blurb on Keith Shaw. It was a nice little piece, a good tribute, and pretty acurate. Said Shaw's was changing its name to Shaw's Lodging.
    Anything's within walking distance if you've got the time.
    GA-ME 03, LT 04/06, PCT 07'

Mrs Gorp
    Images

I spoke with Pat yesterday and 4 southbounders had just left their place. Keith Jr has been busy making the morning breakfast 2-2-2, 3-3-3, 4-4-4 and shuttling hikers , mostly section hikers entering the 100 mile wilderness. She said the blackflies and skeeters are out too. The SB'rs told tales of the high water fords due to all the heavy rain they had about 10 days ago. So yes, Pat and Keith Jr are there carrying on the Shaw tradition of greeting and helping hikers in Monson.
    Cindy

Awesome news.

i understand that the business was already in keith jrs name.

only, could you turn the font down, please. we can all read without the assist of super duper large letters

++ New Posts ++