WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

:banana Mooning the Cog and Hike Naked Day

So, I've researched a little and it seems these practices were mostly cracked down on back in 06/07/08. It's been 5 years since then, so I'm wondering--

Are there still undercover officers riding the Cog, looking to charge anyone who moons it?

Anyone going to participate in Hike Naked Day?
    (As for Hike Naked, I'll probably find a hidden forest clearing, and spend a few hours there with no pack and be free and au naturale. Many people have strong opinions on this.)

Again, many people have strong opinions on this, and BEFORE you reply, REMEMBER HYOH and--if they decide to do it they understand the certain risks they're undertaking. I.E.--No Nudity BASHING--but you can respectfully disagree.

Images

Eh. I don't care. HYOH. If it floats your boat,it's all good.

AT - 2013 PCT - 2014
    Journal Entries

This reminds me of my first AT hike. For several weeks I was keeping pace with a nudist hiker. There was certainly a buzz around about him but never anything too mean. He was a nice man and certainly HYOHed. Wish I could remember his name? Curious to know if he made it. I was only section hiking at the time.

I've never had the nerve nor desire for hike naked day. I suppose I am too shy.

As for the morning bit. I'm going to have to go Google that.

Wanna-be hiker trash
    Images

I'm fine with hike naked day in theory just as long as folks use a bit of tact. Bareassing a bunch of families traveling on the cog railway is a great way to make people dislike the hiking community as a whole. If you want to hike naked in a remote area then go for it, but try to avoid popular tourist areas and especially don't do it in a way that's purposely intended to be disrespectful and offensive. Just my two cents.
    Last edited by Sarcasm the elf; 02-09-2013 at 00:18.
    Colorless green ideas sleep furiously.

Hiking naked was epic! We were up in maine by the time the summer solstice came around last year. It was priceless because the three of us hiked completely naked for about 10 miles or so. After that the chafing on the back from the pack started to hurt. Hiking on a exposed ridge was the best part - so freeing!!! It was priceless when a southbounder walked up and obviously did not know what day it was. very funny!

As far as doing it on the trail - be smart... we had bandana's tucked in a waist band ready to deploy at any time. We also had a hiker who did not want to hike naked hike a few hundred yards ahead as a lookout for kids. And please do not do it in a public spot where there are youngings and families out for a day hike. it may be a thru hiker tradition but you have to be smart... in those cases hike in just a speedo or something that is close to it but just as funny - AND LEGAL! lol
    ------------------------------------
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I-
    I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference.
    ~Robert Frost

Registered User Northern Lights's Avatar
    Images

I was coming out of the Smokies in May of this passed year and someone thought it was hike naked day. As I came around a bend in the trail I saw someone up ahead pulling a shirt over their head. As we approached each other, it was a lady about 80. Shiver me timbers! Glad I didn't sneak up on her

I happen to know one of the state troopers who was on the "cog mooning sting". To hear him relate the story is halrious. Several hikers got slapped with a significant fine for their fun. As far as I know this was only done that one time, but should it become a problem again, it could happen. Bare your butt and take your chances...
    Follow slogoen on Instagram.

I don't know the layout of the terrain or the distance between the Cog and mooning spots on the trail, but I'd sure like to know (or maybe I wouldn't) how they could prove it was my a** they saw. I don't really care one way or the other about the right or wrong aspects of it. It's mooning, for f***'s sake. No one is wagging their junk in anyone's face. IF I make it that far next year, and there happens to be a train going by at the right moment, I guess I'll decide then and there.

As for hiking nekkid, this kid won't be participating. Nothing against others who may want to, but I'll pass. Rock on with your bad self if you have the guts.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Coffee Rules! View Post
    ...how they could prove it was my a** they saw...
    Simple. you pay a fine of a few hundred bucks, or get a lawyer and spend thousands to beat 'um.

I don't know the layout of the terrain or the distance between the Cog and mooning spots on the trail, but I'd sure like to know (or maybe I wouldn't) how they could prove it was my a** they saw. I don't really care one way or the other about the right or wrong aspects of it. It's mooning, for f***'s sake. No one is wagging their junk in anyone's face. IF I make it that far next year, and there happens to be a train going by at the right moment, I guess I'll decide then and there.

As for hiking nekkid, this kid won't be participating. Nothing against others who may want to, but I'll pass. Rock on with your bad self if you have the guts.
    I hear ya...moon, sure why not, hike necked day, probably most definitely NOT.

smiley moon.png

Quote Originally Posted by jesse View Post
    Simple. you pay a fine of a few hundred bucks, or get a lawyer and spend thousands to beat 'um.
    That's their thinking, I'm sure. Along with knowing you don't want to go back months later just to go to court. A charge like that I might very well be willing to be the guy who went to court with a fool (myself) for a lawyer. In THEORY it shouldn't take anything more than saying, "PROVE that it was MY buttocks you saw." Impossible to prove, but the system is stacked against the little guy.

Images

ditto """"" It was bad enough for the calendar shoot. I ain't doing it again!

That's their thinking, I'm sure. Along with knowing you don't want to go back months later just to go to court. A charge like that I might very well be willing to be the guy who went to court with a fool (myself) for a lawyer. In THEORY it shouldn't take anything more than saying, "PROVE that it was MY buttocks you saw." Impossible to prove, but the system is stacked against the little guy.
    uh yeah your honorship, yeah I'm here proce, and ah what i want you to no, i mean I mean...I throw myself, my whole self on the court reporter....cause dammmmmmmn

Quote Originally Posted by rocketsocks View Post
    uh yeah your honorship, yeah I'm here proce, and ah what i want you to no, i mean I mean...I throw myself, my whole self on the court reporter....cause dammmmmmmn
    +10..................

+10..................
    What can I say...it's late and i'm punchy...no no I mean lately I've wanted to punch somebody..no no I mean punchy ran away and it's gettin late, yeah yeah that's it...i think.hehe

Looks more like you've been at the punch...spiked punch.

It's a matter of perspective.

Adam Levine mooning the Cog is entertaining, Chris Christie mooning the Cog is obscene.
    The trouble I have with campfires are the folks that carry a bottle in one hand and a Bible in the other.
    You never know which one is talking.

Quote Originally Posted by alxflwrs View Post
    So, I've researched a little and it seems these practices were mostly cracked down on back in 06/07/08. It's been 5 years since then, so I'm wondering--

Are there still undercover officers riding the Cog, looking to charge anyone who moons it?
    if you like showing your naked butt to little kids then go for it. stupid thing to do though. it's not a HYOH thing

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf View Post
    if you like showing your naked butt to little kids then go for it. stupid thing to do though. it's not a HYOH thing
    Ya know....when ya put it like that....it's criminal....best to keep the cheeks at home.

Images

OK guilty as charged. We hiked 2 weeks in the Swiss Alps and saw very few people. The journey ended at the Jungfau where there is a tourist train up to the top. There were zillions of people there (we knew by their waistlines we weren't in Oz anymore). We were the ONLY ones hiking up and they were staring at us like we were doing something crazy (hiking in the Alps!). After the fourth train went by we mooned the fifth. It seemed appropriate at the time.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++