WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Personally, I'd rather have the guy next to me in a shelter wake up screaming, where I could see it was just a nightmare, than someone in a tent I couldn't see scream at 2 in the morning, and wonder if this is a scene from Deliverance for the rest of the night. If said guy warns us before hand, then it's even better. However, if he warns us, then goes and sleeps in a tent, I still wouldn't know if he's just having a bad dream, or if there's a deranged axman trying to cut his way into his tent. Having a hyper-active imagination, I'm more inclined to go investigate to set my mind at ease, than to try to convince myself that it was just "that guy with the night terrors."

I hope he does alright, and is he reading this thread..?

Sew a pocket on the back of your sleeping shirt. Put a tennis ball in the pocket and you will NOT sleep on your back. (or you could just have a friend duct tape a tennis ball to your back each night. It would be a good wake up call removing the tape the next morning.)

Quote Originally Posted by rather go up View Post
    Sew a pocket on the back of your sleeping shirt. Put a tennis ball in the pocket and you will NOT sleep on your back. (or you could just have a friend duct tape a tennis ball to your back each night. It would be a good wake up call removing the tape the next morning.)

Hell, skip the tennis ball and you've got a great way to wake up your heavy-sleeper friends.

"Dude, wake up we need to get going"
    "Mnnnggghhh... *snore*"
    "Dude, WAK EUP"
    "Unnggghhhh *snore"
    *RRRRRRIIIIIIPPPPP*

Beats wasting perfectly good water on em.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Rhanis View Post
    Personally, I'd rather have the guy next to me in a shelter wake up screaming, where I could see it was just a nightmare, than someone in a tent I couldn't see scream at 2 in the morning, and wonder if this is a scene from Deliverance for the rest of the night. If said guy warns us before hand, then it's even better. However, if he warns us, then goes and sleeps in a tent, I still wouldn't know if he's just having a bad dream, or if there's a deranged axman trying to cut his way into his tent. Having a hyper-active imagination, I'm more inclined to go investigate to set my mind at ease, than to try to convince myself that it was just "that guy with the night terrors."

I hope he does alright, and is he reading this thread..?
    +1.................

pulling that tape off of a hairy back would lead to morning screams and terrors .

He's starting 4 days before me. I hope he is a fast walker and gets some distance between us!

Bag that dude, I'd use the tennis ball to hit the boogie man in the head to wake em up....good idea on the sewn pocket keeper waker upper ball keeper thingy.
    Last edited by rocketsocks; 02-22-2013 at 09:35. Reason: But I wouldn't really do that...till the 4th time

Journal Entries
    Images

I posted this in jest, he seems like a great guy with a lot of miles under his belt, probably a great guy to have around. I don't want this post going sideways against him, he'll need all of our support just like all of the others. ~Peace~
    Take Time to Watch the Trees Dance with The Wind........Then Join In........

Journal Entries
    Images

I've slept with a night terror spouse for 28 years. (I should probably reword that sentence but can't come up with a better one just now). The first 5 years were traumatic for me but she'd go right back to sleep and do fine. Now I hear the beginning of one coming on and just nudge her to change position a little and we all go back to sleep. I agree that he should alert shelter mates before hand because there is no going back to sleep with that kind of adrenaline pumping through your system.
    A Vegan/Gluten Free hiking family of three hiking the AT.

Journal Entries
    Images

Looks Like a Class Act, here's his latest Journal Entry.

http://www.trailjournals.com/entry.cfm?id=400237
    Take Time to Watch the Trees Dance with The Wind........Then Join In........

He has night terrors once a month, where he moans, and talks in his sleep?

Ohhh please...I rather deal with that then having someone who snores like a freight train every single night.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++