Question watch with thermometer and alarm

Hi Ladies,

I need a new watch. Have purchased about 6 Ladies Timex Ironman watches over the past 20 years (keep losing them and one of them was run over by a vehicle) and I really like them but they do not have a thermometer feature. Since I am planning to thruhike this year, I would like a watch with a thermometer. What watch do you use/recommend?
    Trillium

Honestly, you can save a bunch of money by getting a cheap Casio watch with alarm and a separate small thermometer that clips onto your pack. The thermometer isn't super accurate, but it's plenty close enough.

Just a comment on the thermometer function. I have had two of the Times watches with them and loved them, but...you really need to take it off your warm wrist to get an accurate reading.

I use to pin mine to the front of my shoulder strap.
    The trouble I have with campfires are the folks that carry a bottle in one hand and a Bible in the other.
    You never know which one is talking.

Quote Originally Posted by WingedMonkey View Post
    Just a comment on the thermometer function. I have had two of the Times watches with them and loved them, but...you really need to take it off your warm wrist to get an accurate reading.

I use to pin mine to the front of my shoulder strap.
    Timex, that is.
    The trouble I have with campfires are the folks that carry a bottle in one hand and a Bible in the other.
    You never know which one is talking.

I have a casio protrek with all the functions, but I wouldn't post in the woman's section so I can't really comment.

I searched Amazon for you and couldn't find a woman specific watch with temperature. Pleanty of mens versions though. So, do you really need to limit yourself to a womans watch? I hang mine on the back of the pack so I don't keep looking at it. All I really cared about was that it be water resistant kept time and cost $5.

Here's one for just $25 which does everything but wash dishes : time, alarm, temperture, compass, altimeter and weather predictor. It may not be the best quality judging from the reviews, but can't expect it to do all those things well. http://www.amazon.com/GSI-Quality-Al...d_sim_sbs_sg_3
    Follow slogoen on Instagram.

Quote Originally Posted by Slo-go'en View Post
    I searched Amazon for you and couldn't find a woman specific watch with temperature. Pleanty of mens versions though. So, do you really need to limit yourself to a womans watch? I hang mine on the back of the pack so I don't keep looking at it. All I really cared about was that it be water resistant kept time and cost $5.

Here's one for just $25 which does everything but wash dishes : time, alarm, temperture, compass, altimeter and weather predictor. It may not be the best quality judging from the reviews, but can't expect it to do all those things well. http://www.amazon.com/GSI-Quality-Al...d_sim_sbs_sg_3
    Thank you very much. I'm considering this option as well as rocket jones suggestion as well.
    Trillium

++ New Posts ++