WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Art Loeb Shuttle Easter Weekend

We're looking for either someone who wants to make a few bucks to shuttle us from the Davidson River to the Boy Scout Camp OR someone else who is hiking that weekend who would like to split the cost of one of the commercial shuttles in the area. We'd like to start hiking on Good Friday morning (March 29). Thanks friends!

Privat Message sent.

How many going? Did you get your shuttle set?

Lefty---I'm sure you know this but it doesn't hurt to tell you again ---weather will be in the teens and snow. I know because I live on the side of Cold Mtn.

There are only two of us this trip. We've got an offer for a shuttle on Thursday evening that we may be able to make work if we can get off work early enough that day to make the drive. We live in Fayetteville, NC. an incredibly nice offer from someone who is willing to do it just for gas and beer money. I love hiking people We're still hoping for someone who can go later in the day or on Friday morning, though.

As for the weather - thanks for pointing that out. We've been outside every Friday and Saturday night this year. It seems like those have consistently been the coldest nights of the week. We don't have ton's of experience in the snow, just a couple cold, cold, wet weekends. I'm hoping the shelters will mitigate the weather overnight. Still if it's just crazy out there I'll try to practice discretion before valor!

Lefty Red----sorry about weather post I had you going this week not a month from now. The shelters weren't in good shape two years ago when we went. Carry your tent.

++ New Posts ++