WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Journal Entries
    Images

Default A mother & her 3 children are on Trail

I read a journal where there is a mom & 3 kids hiking already this year. I wish them the best & pray for their safety in the brutal cold Ga/NC temps & snow!
    Take Time to Watch the Trees Dance with The Wind........Then Join In........

Quote Originally Posted by wornoutboots View Post
    I read a journal where there is a mom & 3 kids hiking already this year. I wish them the best & pray for their safety in the brutal cold Ga/NC temps & snow!
    No Way... not again! I don't want to be jumping to bad conclusions, here, but it's my first "knee-jerk" reaction.

I'm going to join the others on this thread and stay positive. I hope they are staying safe & warm & have a great hike!
    Last edited by HikerMom58; 03-05-2013 at 13:41. Reason: Staying positive!

Images

God Speed to them... I will be hiking solo (for the most part) but all 5 of my kids will be joining me for sections at various places along the trail
    "The mountains are calling and I must go" John Muir

Thats awesome!!! Leading the way! Wish them the best.

Link please!! As a mom with hiking boys, I'd love to follow!!

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by miloandotis View Post
    Link please!! As a mom with hiking boys, I'd love to follow!!
    Sorry I don't have the post in front of me but if you search "currently hiking" journals you may find it in one of the journals. Sorry, I don't want to post to much info due to all the 2012 controversy over a similar situation. I just wanted to make it known for anyone who wants to fully research it in case they want to pray, help or send love to them in some way. Especially with the next Storm moving in.

~Peace~
    Take Time to Watch the Trees Dance with The Wind........Then Join In........

Quote Originally Posted by wornoutboots View Post
    Sorry I don't have the post in front of me but if you search "currently hiking" journals you may find it in one of the journals. Sorry, I don't want to post to much info due to all the 2012 controversy over a similar situation. I just wanted to make it known for anyone who wants to fully research it in case they want to pray, help or send love to them in some way. Especially with the next Storm moving in.

~Peace~
    It's funny that you should make this comment... I was thinking the same thing. I'll see if I can find the journal. No matter what it "looks like", I think we've all learned our lessons well.

I know I won't be making any more comments, here, on what I "see".

Thank you wornoutboots,
    ~Peace~

Yeah...hopefully they won't be stalked on their Journal as tends to happen.
    The trouble I have with campfires are the folks that carry a bottle in one hand and a Bible in the other.
    You never know which one is talking.

Is this the lady that started several threads here on WB and was going to be hiking with her ADULT children?? If not what are the ages of the children and their level of experience and skill? If all are experienced and propperly equipped then there is no need for a higher level of concern than for any other hikers out there.
    "You have brains in your head/You have feet in your shoes/You can steer yourself in any direction you choose." - Dr. Seuss

Images

sparks 28 Feb

Images

Default A mother & her 3 children are on Trail

They were mentioned in Sparks journal. According to him trail name is "supermom"

Good for them.
    I wish my son was into hiking a little more.
    He's more like his mom and that regard and would just as soon take the motorbike (read bicycle) to go 3 doors up the street.
    Always glad to see some kids on the trail.
    They'll learn what's important in life.
    Don't let your fears stand in the way of your dreams

What's the dad think?

Starting 4-5 weeks later probably would have been better, quicker, safer, lighter and less expensive. Unless they all have some significant camping/hiking experience--starting this early is perhaps not the wisest decision one could make--and perhaps even lessened their chances of actually completing a thru hike. However, good luck!
    "A vigorous five-mile walk will do more good for an unhappy but otherwise healthy adult than all the medicine and psychology in the world." - Paul Dudley White

Wait, what happened in 2012...???

From what little Sparks wrote about them, sounds like they didn't got off to a good start. (Someone already sharing food and gear on thier first day out). Seeing that report is almost a week old and the weather hasn't gotten any better, hopefully they are holed up someplace or already home.
    Follow slogoen on Instagram.

Hey guys.....for once, please don't do the expected Whiteblaze thing and scorch these folks you know nothing about. I talked and met with this family a few days ago in Georgia. They are a wonderful loving family, I can't begin to tell you how great and excited the kids are about their trip......why not do the gracious thing and wait awhile and see how they do, and in the meantime, let's wish them the best without questioning their actions, motives, or anything else.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Half Note View Post
    Wait, what happened in 2012...???

The world ended. Didn't you get the Mayan memo?
    Old Hiker
    AT Hike 2012 - 497 Miles of 2184
    AT Thru Hiker - 29 FEB - 03 OCT 2016 2189.1 miles
    Just because my teeth are showing, does NOT mean I'm smiling.
    Hányszor lennél inkább máshol?

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Tarlin View Post
    Hey guys.....for once, please don't do the expected Whiteblaze thing and scorch these folks you know nothing about. I talked and met with this family a few days ago in Georgia. They are a wonderful loving family, I can't begin to tell you how great and excited the kids are about their trip......why not do the gracious thing and wait awhile and see how they do, and in the meantime, let's wish them the best without questioning their actions, motives, or anything else.
    Let's do it one better. It does not appear that they are writing their own journal so let's give them a reasonable bit of privacy. Thread closed.
    "Sleepy alligator in the noonday sun
    Sleepin by the river just like he usually done
    Call for his whisky
    He can call for his tea
    Call all he wanta but he can't call me..."
    Robert Hunter & Ron McKernan

Whiteblaze.net User Agreement.

++ New Posts ++