WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Cool Vid HB, thanks for posting, haven't seen this before nor thought much about the people behind what it takes to help someone out...Thanks to all the SAR folks.

Something interesting I heard in the video was that buy carrying maps one can reduce there chances of becoming a victim, and needing help, I like maps!
    Last edited by rocketsocks; 03-15-2013 at 16:04.

A friend and I got drafted into helping to take a man off of Franconia Ridge a few years ago. He'd apparantly had a heart attack. As we descended, more and more people on the way up volunteered to help pass the stretcher over rocks and around tight bends. It was good to see so many people (many very young) giving up their dayhike to help someone in need. I never was able to find out how the man fared.
    As I live, declares the Lord God, I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that the wicked turn back from his way and live. Ezekiel 33:11

Images

its not all about collecting their fees to run their overpriced mountaintop resorts(huts) now, is it?

I remember the thread about proposed "hiker cards" in NH. Whats everyone think about buying a one time card, think it was $18 to help fund SAR? The cardholder would not be responsible for any cost of a SAR operation to save them. Currently NHF&G can charged rescued hikers if deemed "hiking negligent".
    -My feet are my only carriage so I've got to push on through-

++ New Posts ++