Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher & Snacktime View Post
    You should tell your doctor what you are doing, and perhaps he/she will prescribe a prophyllactic med to prevent them while you're hiking.
    Quote Originally Posted by speedbump View Post
    Macrobid (if not allergic) 50-100 mg daily at bedtime to prevent UTI. However, it may not be a UTI, there are other things that can cause these symptoms such as vaginal tissue atrophy, irritation from latex, spermicide, or harsh soaps. Treating with antibiotics may give you additional symptoms such as diarrhea and many others. Cranberry, Vit C and lots of water are your best defense.

Go see a doctor Yeast is very hard to get rid of, end of story.
    Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.

Woo

grapefruit seed extract has always worked wonders for my infections. comes in a little bottle that you can easily carry with you. i always keep it on hand. oregano oil always helps too. you can get either at most health food stores.
    all of us have a place in history. mine is clouds.

I take Uva Ursi caps for UTIs, but if you will learn to identify the herb, it grows in many places. Also called Bear Berry. You just chew a few leaves several times a day. It will clear an infection with no side effects.

I agree with the posters who mentioned dried cranberries daily. I have learned though that Uva Ursi is the way to go, for me anyway. I make a tea from the leaves. They aren't that expensive if you can find them in a natural food store, they are super lightweight and pack well. I'll just brew a cup of tea each day, if I feel an infection coming on or if I've been wearing soggy clothes then I will double up. Vitamin C also does wonders, however not always ideal on the trail given their size.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++