WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

http://bamahiker.blog.com/ Freedom Walker's Avatar
    Images

Default REI Members, 20% discount starts today. What are you going to buy?

I have $48.18 in Gift cards to spend. I think I will order Black Diamond Trail Ergo Cork Trekking poles. $!09.95, Minus 21.99 (20%), 48.18 in gift card credits. Final cost $39.68. They also have 20% in the REI outlet as well. I havent decided here yet.
    Freedom Walker, I am free to Walk, I am free to Run, I m free to live for You Lord Jesus, I am FREE!

He who the Son sets free, is free indeed.
    Visit my blog Free To Hike

Don't forget your dividend!

I was surprised they they had the 20% offer for the Outlet. I know I don't need anything....but...
    The trouble I have with campfires are the folks that carry a bottle in one hand and a Bible in the other.
    You never know which one is talking.

Registered User Teacher & Snacktime's Avatar
    Journal Entries
    Images

My Steripen....that and my whopping $3.40 dividend makes it the best deal @ $53

Images

My $43 dividend + 20% discount likely will go toward something pragmatic like socks ....ho hum.

On the other hand,..one can never have too many backpacks.
    Getting lost is a way to find yourself.

My dividend was a big zero because the few things I bought last year were on clearance. I don't strictly *need* anything, but that new short and wide NeoAir Trekker looks tempting, and I'm still in the market for the perfect pillow, or at least an upgrade from what I'm using now.

I splurged and bought a Westcomb Ozone Hoody and then I noticed the outlet deal as well. I bought my wife an REI Venturi 45 for $71! I had never heard of the Venturi but it's 45L with mesh on aluminum suspension (nearly identical to my Exos) weighs 2.5 lbs so not a super light pack but waaaay better than the old Kelty 75 she uses (only comes along about once a year).

Registered User Northern Lights's Avatar
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by johnnybgood View Post
    My $43 dividend + 20% discount likely will go toward something pragmatic like socks ....ho hum.

On the other hand,..one can never have too many backpacks.
    lol, I just got off the phone with my daughter and said I wasn't sure if I should order a new pack for my Europe trip. I guess you answered my question, you can never have too many packs. Off to MEC to order a new pack!

Just want to make sure, it's a 20% coupon in the store And another one on-line/

I have been waiting for the 20% and the dividend for months so I could get a Suunto Core or the Casio Pro Trek 2500. After 20 minutes of playing with both in the local REI, the novelty of a gadget watch wore off and the hulking size of either on my wrist made me realize I would seldom wear either choice.

So, instead I played around with the Crazy Creek Hex 2.0 chair I had also been wanting and found it a perfect fit. I love to go to the local park near the river and sketch and this will give my aging back the support it needs. Add an REI inflatable sit pad and I am in "near senior" heaven.

In the end practical wins out over whimsy.

Rif

Ordered an Xlite Neoair LARGE. No more trying to keep my restless feet on a sit pad and balancing my body on a narrow 3/4 length pad. Hope I won't be dissappointed with its durability. I'm not too rough on my gear.

++ New Posts ++