WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default GoLite Sleeping Bags

I am interested in their new sleeping bags but have had trouble finding much information on them. I was hoping some here have used their bags and might have some insight as far as quality, temp rating etc...

They seem to be fairly nice but would like some input from people who have owned or used them in the past.

Journal Entries

I have the zero degree golite venture I've used it extensively over the past several years. It's light. It packs small. It is not a zero degree bag IMO . Anything under 20 IMO I feel it. That's common in lighter bags. I found it preformed poorly when I climbed in wet. Happens a lot on AT

i have the go-life 3-season down quilt bag. works excellent in temps about 40. it's a sleeping bag but no zipper, sort of folds over you, ties to hold together. weighs 1.7 lbs. got mine on sale

.com

PCT 2013, most of AT 2011, rest of AT 2014

Quote Originally Posted by youngr View Post
    I am interested in their new sleeping bags but have had trouble finding much information on them. I was hoping some here have used their bags and might have some insight as far as quality, temp rating etc...

They seem to be fairly nice but would like some input from people who have owned or used them in the past.
    Big fan of my GoLite 3-season quilt, rated to 20 degrees. I've found with past bags that I'm an average sleeper, so I'm happy to report that it plus a hooded down coat kept me almost overheated down to 20 degrees winter camping a few months ago. I've also slept below freezing in it in less clothing and with a weak-ish pad (Z-lite Sol) and stayed perfectly warm. I'm not much of a judge of construction, but it seems like it's well-made. It's not available on their website for now, possibly ever, but if I liked mummy bags, I would be comfortable buying one of theirs.
    "Hahk your own hahk." - Ron Haven

"The world is a book, of which those who do not travel read only a page." - St. Augustine

http://www.scrubhiker.com/

Thanks for the input, i think i will give them a try.

++ New Posts ++