Images

Default Hot, Humid weather combined with short legs = Flip Flop Thru Hike

Ok, women, one to another, I am thinking of attempting my thru by flip-flopping. NOBO in March from Springer to Harper's Ferry + SOBO from Katadin to Harper's Ferry. I think it will help my time issues and the fact I am not a big fan of Very Hot Weather. Any past experience? pro's or con's? what do you think?

Registered User SawnieRobertson's Avatar
    Journal Entries

I think, first, that, if you are leaving in March, you'd better hurry. OTOH, since you are from Kentucky, you probably fully realize how mean the weather has been all along the AT corridor. But then I also think that you are very wise. Following the cooler, breezes makes for a more pleasant time the whole way. Your plan is quite similar to mine, so I welcome seeing it.~~Kinnickinic
    You never know just what you can do until you realize you absolutely have to do it.
    --Salaun

Images

Hey Sawnie, my hope is to do this in 2014. I know you are trying for 2013, and I wish you luck. I guess I could try trailjournals and search flip-flop and see what happened with those hiker's choice of doing a flip-flop. Anyone know any good flip-flop journals?

Images

Almost Eagle &Dancing Dove 2012 on trailjournals.com

Registered User SawnieRobertson's Avatar
    Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by scooterdogma View Post
    Hey Sawnie, my hope is to do this in 2014. I know you are trying for 2013, and I wish you luck. I guess I could try trailjournals and search flip-flop and see what happened with those hiker's choice of doing a flip-flop. Anyone know any good flip-flop journals?
    I think that contacting Laurie at ATC for this information would be rewarding. Meanwhile, be at Trail Days, The Gathering, and the Rucks. Nice to meet you, neighbor to the west.
    You never know just what you can do until you realize you absolutely have to do it.
    --Salaun

This isn't a women's issue, really. Might have better luck asking where everyone will see it.
    Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish.

Images

Thanks Sandy for the link. U R correct Hot Flash, but I like a women's perspective on this question. that is why I choose this forum, specifically looking for women who have flipped floped. But, thanks for your input.

++ New Posts ++