WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast

Trail Name: It'll find me eventually
    Direction: NoBo
    Start Date: Mid-march, possibly early march
    Approach Trail: Yes
    Additional: I will be starting out with my son, my boyfriend and another close friend. A few friends/family will meetup do some sections along the way.

Quote Originally Posted by dtougas View Post
    Trail Name: Not sure, maybe "Toe Salad"

Direction: NOBO
    Estimated Start Date: Around April 1
    Approach Trail: Not sure
    Additional Info: I am going to be attempting this with my wife and three kids (ages 10 - 14). My wife and I are both bloggers, so we are planning on blogging/video-blogging this as a family thru-hiking project. I am also a big minimalist footwear proponent, so we will all be doing this in some form of minimalist shoes (yet to be determined).
    We are planning a 2015 thru hike with our then 10 year old and look forward to following your family's progress up the trail!

I posted in another thread before the official one was started so I'll add my specs here:

Est. Start Date: April 17
    Approach Trail: no
    Trail Name: none yet- will let it unfold organically
    Additional Info: I plan to have a Trailjournals account so my family and others will follow. 15 years in the making, I can't believe I'm under a year to go and the details of planning are exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by WeShallSee View Post
    Trail Name: We Shall See Direction: Southbound flip flop; start at Harper's Ferry, sobo to Springer; go up to Maine and sobo to Harper's Ferry. Start Date April 17, 2014 Approach: maybe to see the Falls on the way out I have checked the whole list: where are all the folks from the great plains? I've seen two from ND only.
    I have given this route much consideration as well. I grew up a stones throw from the AT in Pennsylvania and thought about jumping on it from my backyard and ending it in my backyard. We have the same start date so maybe we'll step off together.

Trail Name: Big Mac and Beast Mode...but my husband keeps changing his mind about our trailnames so who knows what they will end up being! For now, this is it!
    Direction: Flip-Flop, starting in Harper's Ferry and hiking north then back to HF and hiking south....hoping this is a good plan for us.

Estimated Start Date: April 15
    Approach Trail - yes or no:
    any additional info that you want the world to know: We are so ready to get this show on the road! Excited, nervous and totally pumped! Also, inexperienced! Looking forward to the challenge, gorgeous vistas and the people we will meet.
    The only thing I am dreading is being away from our dogs for so long but can't let that keep me from making this dream a reality!
    If anyone wants to weigh in on weather starting in HF in mid-April and heading north is a good/bad idea, we would love to hear opinions/advice!

Trail Name Dreamtime and Noodles
    Direction NOBO
    Estimated Start Date Second week of April

Approach Trail - No
    Any additional info that you want the world to know Second attempt at a thru hike for me. Had to leave the trail in 1998 in Southern Virginia after a family member got very sick. This time I'll be going with my wife which should be interesting after hiking solo most of my life. We're both very excited and look forward to beginning the adventure and probably meeting some of you on the trail.

Quote Originally Posted by capehiker View Post
    I have given this route much consideration as well. I grew up a stones throw from the AT in Pennsylvania and thought about jumping on it from my backyard and ending it in my backyard. We have the same start date so maybe we'll step off together.
    Welcome to my world. It would be good to have a little company during my trek. Good luck and stay in touch.
    God is good all the time; all the time God is good. - We Shall See 2015

trail name....freeballin
    early april
    nobo
    no approach trail
    been putting it off to long

Trail name: none yet
    Start date: February 21
    Approach Trail: Probably not. I hike it a lot for training.
    Any additional info that you want the world to know: Walking off grief. My first backpacking experience.

Journal Entries

Hey Man is my trail name
    I'm leaving home March 2nd, will do the approach March 3rd and start the AT March 4th
    Plan to celebrate my 60th b-day on the trail. I got a bachelor's and then a master's degree starting at age 52, so it's time to challenge myself physically. Some time in the woods is just what I need to balance the years I spent in front of a computer writing and researching….

Trail Name - Trey
    Direction - NOBO
    Estimated Start Date - May 11, 2014 ***** (looking for someone to hike with) *****
    Approach Trail - Yes
    I am a 21 year old college guy wanting to get away

Tara Monkey
    Flip-Flop beginning at Harper's Ferry NOBO
    First part of April
    Will hike approach trail at Springer prior to Harper's Ferry
    Beginning the hike with friend; how long we continue together will be worked out on trail
    Special diet (no white flour and prefer organic when possible) requires dehydrating meals and mail drop boxes. Family, friends & doctor
    are supportive. Plan to blog and trail journal. Friend will use tent; hammock for me.

Big Mac & Beast Mode....hope to meet up with you as we will be following about the same schedule and direction. By flipping the hike I believe we will be following Spring northward and should be able to reach Katahdin by end of July. We should also avoid the thickest swarm of the biting black flies in the northeast. Coming back in July/August to Harper's SOBO will be hot but by September the cooler weather sets in then we will be following Autumn to Springer. Haven't come up with a plan on how to get to Harper's Ferry, then after Katahdin, how to get back to Harper's. Please share any ideas you might have on that aspect.

Trail Name: Friday - got it during my sobo hike
    Start Date: Thinking mid-March but it'll depend on the winter we have, if it's like 2013...more like April 1st
    Approach Trail: maybe

Round two...NoBo is the right way...

Tara Monkey
    Flip-Flop beginning at Harper's Ferry NOBO
    First part of April
    Will hike approach trail at Springer prior to Harper's Ferry
    Beginning the hike with friend; how long we continue together will be worked out on trail
    Special diet (no white flour and prefer organic when possible) requires dehydrating meals and mail drop boxes. Family, friends & doctor
    are supportive. Plan to blog and trail journal. Friend will use tent; hammock for me.

Trail Name - None yet
    Direction - NOBO
    Estimated Start Date - planning on April 2nd but flexible
    Approach Trail - Yup
    Info - queer radical feminist + vegan solo hiker; any tips on good vegan food to eat would be much appreciated

Trail Name: Mosquito Bait (I think)

Estimated Start Date: Early April. My daughter is getting married, so I can't start March 1st as I wanted to do.
    Approach Trail - yes or no Mayyyyybe
    any additional info that you want the world to know
    : I'm a middle-aged woman who has never done anything "big." I am out of shape and have joint problems, but I plan to spend the next 8 months preparing. I hope I will be ready!

Trail Name: To be determined
    Estimated Start Date: March 12
    Approach Trail: Yes

Me and GF will be hiking as a team. My best friend is also going to make an attempt same start date.

Can't wait to meet you all!

Trail Name: Chapstick

Estimated Start Date: Feb 25, 2014
    Approach Trail - yes

Very excited about hiking. I've wanted to do this for some time now. Hoping to get away from all the struggles of the world and only having the struggles of mother nature.

Trail Name: We'll figure that out later
    Estimated Start Date: Mid-March (not on a weekend)
    Approach Trail: No

I graduated from college in December and am completely confused in the real world and unhappy about the destruction of nature in my hometown. I'm hoping to run parts of the trail. I'm also a vegan so if anyone has advice about food or is a fellow vegan please let me know

Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++