WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Question Which Hostel for a Mail Drop if not staying at Inn at Long Trail?

I'm getting my mail drops prepared at my Re-Supply person's home and since I've decided not to stay at the Inn at the Long Trail [finances], what is close-by where I can send a mail drop with my winter clothing?

Thanks, Coosa
    My blog, dedicated to my Dad: Chasing the Trail
    Proverbs 4:26 Give careful thought to the paths for your feet and be steadfast in all your ways.
    Hike Your Own Hike

most places do not allow maildrops from people not staying there. Id hitch into Rutland 7.5 miles from ILT

Someone might have answered this already, but there's a US Post Office very close-by in the town of Killington VT, Zip is 05751

Quote Originally Posted by Chaco Taco View Post
    most places do not allow maildrops from people not staying there. Id hitch into Rutland 7.5 miles from ILT
    and all of this can be found in The Companion or AT Guide.

I'd use the PO at Hanover myself.

To more directly answer your question, you can send a box to Mt Meadows Lodge which is just a few miles from the Inn. (both places are great, its a shame that hikers have to choose between them). For the economy minded hiker, you can sleep there in your tent for $10.

And, as Chaco Taco says, get a guidebook. The Companion also lists an outfitter 3/10 of a mile away that will accept boxes that I had no idea existed.

I have the guide book around here somewhere, I'm in a hurry trying to fill and address boxes and hoped someone could give me the info off the top of their heads. I see that I was mistaken ... ... I'm a bit pressed for time as I have to drive to my Mom's in MD on Thursday.

I will stay at a Hostel if it's NOT over $30 a night ... I'm just not staying at the Inn ... it may be 'cool' and a tradition for some. Just not this year for me.

... I'll find another way to get my winter clothing ...

Now to dig out my AT Guide and Companion and do some comparison ...

Thank you for your assistance and have a nice life.
    Coosa

++ New Posts ++