WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Courtesy

El Sordo
    Images

Default Courtesy

We are all here because of a common interest or perhaps one might even say a common passion. I'd like to suggest that when we post in the forum we post in the same manner that we would speak to each other if we were face to face. I think all of us at one time or another have allowed our passion for the topic to overule those social niceties that most of us use to smooth our passage through everyday life. There are enough bumps and rocks along the way without attacking one another because someones views don't mesh perfectly with our own. Let's play nice.

Well Said,

Don't disagree, but I'd have to say my biggest gripe is with people who give advice who don't have the experience or knowledge to back up what what they say. i.e., the person who may have hiked 50 miles once upon a time but still gives advice on how to best do a thru hike. That is incredibly unfair to the person who originally asked the question.

Quote Originally Posted by max patch
    Don't disagree, but I'd have to say my biggest gripe is with people who give advice who don't have the experience or knowledge to back up what what they say. i.e., the person who may have hiked 50 miles once upon a time but still gives advice on how to best do a thru hike. That is incredibly unfair to the person who originally asked the question.
    To that person I would say: hmm, tried that but my experience shows me this works better....

Images

Quote Originally Posted by max patch
    That is a huge problem on the Internet and one of the pit-falls that any reader needs to be beware of. And another problem that can go with that is the person that mis-represents themselves as a person with lots of trail miles when they really don't have that many. A person that would mis-represent themselves probably wouldn't care about being courteous anyway.
    SGT Rock
    http://hikinghq.net

My 2008 Trail Journal of the BMT/AT

BMT Thru-Hikers' Guide
    -----------------------------------------

NO SNIVELING

Quote Originally Posted by generoll View Post
    We are all here because of a common interest or perhaps one might even say a common passion. I'd like to suggest that when we post in the forum we post in the same manner that we would speak to each other if we were face to face. I think all of us at one time or another have allowed our passion for the topic to overule those social niceties that most of us use to smooth our passage through everyday life. There are enough bumps and rocks along the way without attacking one another because someones views don't mesh perfectly with our own. Let's play nice.
    wolf likes this

yep, let's reboot and start anew, who's in?

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Man View Post
    yep, let's reboot and start anew, who's in?
    Not me...I wear sneakers.
    Stumpknocker
    Appalachian Trail is 35.9% complete.

Quote Originally Posted by stumpknocker View Post
    Not me...I wear sneakers.
    hey good fella, what trail you knocking off this year?

hey good fella, what trail you knocking off this year?
    Goin' west, young man. Seen so many great presentations on the CDT over the last few years, that I have to go and see it wif my own eyes.
    Stumpknocker

Goin' west, young man. Seen so many great presentations on the CDT over the last few years, that I have to go and see it wif my own eyes.
    dang dude! enjoy... you gonna journal 42 pages a day again?

dang dude! enjoy... you gonna journal 42 pages a day again?
    Nope...got a journal, but not planning on posting much. Maybe some photos when I can, but mostly just gonna play in the Rockies.
    Stumpknocker

Images

I'm in arguing with Trolls is giving me heart burn. So how bout this weather in the South this weekend. Looking mighty dry sunny and relatively warm. Elk Garden to Wise shelter and back is looking like a mighty fine idea.

Amen on the weather here in the south. I'm headed to Cataloochee in the Smokies for a short loop, maybe take in the Elk herd.

Nope...got a journal, but not planning on posting much. Maybe some photos when I can, but mostly just gonna play in the Rockies.
    good man

Got boots. Going hiking. I'm in.

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf View Post
    wolf likes this
    dixi agrees with wolf

Teej agrees with dixi and wolf and Mrs Teej.
    (I always agree with the Mrs.)
    Teej

"[ATers] represent three percent of our use and about twenty percent of our effort," retired Baxter Park Director Jensen Bissell.

Images

I really want to do the smokies again this summer. Even with all the restrictions its still some of the best miles on the AT IMHO. Anyone know where the supposed water source is near Wise shelter in Grayson Highlands?

Oh and I love all of ya'll, excluding Trolls!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
++ New Posts ++