WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Images

Default Alpine Court Motel - Hot Springs

Stayed at the Alpine for one night at Hot Springs, NC. Rooms are more than adequate and convenient to the restaurant, local tavern and Bluff Mountain Outfitters.
    Trailfinder

Thumbs up Hot Springs

Wow I highly reccomend Creekside Camping it is on the south end of Hot springs if you're already in town Up the hill west. If you are on the AT it is on a side trail if you're going north to the left 100 yards to it. A beautiful mountain with creekside shelters and camping. They are building a bunkhouse,they have showers will deliver firewood,your pack whatever to a platform near your camp site. Great fishing swimming in creek. Campstore with some supplies and food , accepts maildrops, shuttles into town. Mellissa and Keith are great people who want to serve the hiker community. Only place in Hot Springs were dogs are welcomed. Showers on site. Also Keith's brother offers A frame cabins with hot tubs with mountain views(great place for a spouce to visit.)RV site parking available. I'm sorry the proper name is Creek Ridge Camping www.hotspringsnc.orgcamping/creekridge 660 Henderson Drive Hot Springs NC 28743 (828)6229588 (888)8094499

Thumbs up alpine court motel

jaybird and i spent the night at the alpine a couple years ago. the owner let us park our car there for a week and even let us use the shower when we got back to town. cant beat that for the price of one nights stay.

Images

Thumbs up Hot Springs

I live in Charlotte, NC and Hot Springs is my favorite spot to camp and hike. There is plenty to do and see since the AT runs right through it along with the French Broad river. They also have several festivals/special events each year. I have spent may a night there and would recomend it to anyone.

Frieden and Ed - World Explorer Team frieden's Avatar

http://www.hotspringsnc.org/-CreekRidge

This is great! Thanks rambunny!

My Alpine story...

I called ahead to make sure I could get a room. When I hiked into town I arrived at the motel to find it vacant. Not one car in the parking lot. Not exactly what I wanted to see after hiking there from Davenport Gap without a shower. I didn't even see one light on in a room. I started to leave but noticed a piece of paper taped to the door of the office. It said:

"Mr. Stewart, we have saved you a room and it's #3. The key is in the door. Make yourself at home. I'll be back sometime tomorrow to collect the rent. I've had to leave due to some family business. Thanks"

Ha ha ha...ok...so the key was in the door of room #3 and I had the place all to myself until a lady drives up about 10pm. I saw her walking around in the parking lot and I went out to speak with her. She asked me if I worked there and I said "no". Then she asks me if she can have a room and I said "sure, there's a room right over there with a key in the door." She spent the night and we both paid in the morning when we left.

Hospitality can't get much better than that! I enjoyed my time in Hot Springs and hopefully I'll get to go back one of these days. - MDS

Default Great People

MDS,
    you will find a nice person here and there along the way.It's good to pass the word because these folks will to be remembered. Ron

Fully agree about Creek Ridge Camping. A hiker's paradise. No noisey cars, loud kids. Accessible from the AT. I love it and Keith and Melissa who run the place are awesome. They have their own website now. http://www.creekridgecamping.com.

Does anyone have a phone number for Alpine Court in Hot Springs? Maybe in your guidebook? I called the number I found online and the number has been disconnected.
    Some people take the straight and narrow. Others the road less traveled. I just cut through the woods.

companion says 828.622.3231

That's the same number I tried, but thanks anyway.
    Some people take the straight and narrow. Others the road less traveled. I just cut through the woods.

hmm...

here's an alternate number from the website:

(828) 206-3384

That number works, but it went to voice mail. Thanks for the information.

Quote Originally Posted by max patch View Post
    companion says 828.622.3231
    Sorry about that, the new number is ...... coming.

++ New Posts ++