WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Images

:banana Katahdin Stream lean-to available from AT Trail Magic

Mike G. from Maine has donated a lean-to to AT Trail Magic. The dates are for August 20, 21, and out by 11AM on the 22nd. It will be either site #11 or #12 (undecided as yet). Sleeps up to 5. Save $15 from staying at the Birches. If you would like a rez, for just yourself, or if you are hoping to have family join you on your fantastic completion, email [email protected] . Hike well!

Those are the last two lean-tos on the AT heading northbound, right on the AT and facing Katahdin Stream itself, just steps from the Katahdin trailhead.
    Super sites!!
    Teej

"[ATers] represent three percent of our use and about twenty percent of our effort," retired Baxter Park Director Jensen Bissell.

Images

Thanks Teej. Wasn't sure exactly where but knew they were on that upper road.

Images

Lean-to trail magic coming up soon! Two weeks til available. Both 11 and 12 are reserved but I will be staying in one with family. We will be letting up to five thruhikers in the other lean-to and provide some food, etc. Signs will be posted at the Abol Rd AT exit and at the Birches. Will put a sign at the Rangers station at Katahdin Stream also. Spots still open.

++ New Posts ++