I am a total NewBe to hammock camping. I haven't even taken it out of the bag yet. But after spending a lot of time reading the hammock blogs, I can see that bottom warmth is a huge issue. Many people talk about how compression of sleeping bags and pads keep the bottom half of your body from maintaining a comfortable temperature even though that is the same event that happens while sleeping on the ground. It seems that instead of piling layer upon layer of different forms of insulation like your out of the Princess and the Pea. Why not establish layers of warm air?

If you were to put your sleeping bag around the entire hammock and possibly even one or two thin layers of a light material to trap warm air within the bottom of the hammock and your sleeping bag, like wearing clothes in cold weather; the jacket itself doesn't keep you warm, it's how warm it keeps the air against your body. It would be like sewing two very light thin bags to the bottom of the hammock. Of course there would be zipper issues trying to enclose your hammock inside your sleeping bag but most of you seem to have graduated from McGiver University!

i humbly apologize if I missed this in my research and reading. I certainly do not think that I know everything, especially since I have not even removed my first hammock from its bag. I would like to read your feedback on this issue as it will give me the opportunity to learn more about the craft.