WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default "North to Maine: A Journey on the Appalachian Trail" to debut this week - The Hour (b

"North to Maine: A Journey on the Appalachian Trail" to debut this week
    The Hour (blog)
    State of Play Productions is proud to present the world premiere of North to Maine: A Journey on the Appalachian Trail from June 5 – 16, 2013 at the C.O.W. Theatre in New York City. Attendees that mention code ATC2013 will have a $1 of each ticket sold ...

More...

Images

Just bought tickets! Will let you all know how we like it.

The $1 to ATC code is only for the first night.
    BigToe
    Men have become the tools of their tools.

Actually, that's not correct. The ATC code SHOULD apply to all nights, but apparently Brown Paper tickets has a bug in their software that should be fixed sometime tomorrow. In the meantime if you allready bought tix and didn't apply the code, email [email protected] with your name, your order number, and the night you're coming and we'll make sure the ATC gets the donation.

At the " C.O.W. " Theater . Stands for : " Celebration Of Whimsy " . Basement of a building
    on Clinton Street in the Bowery . I think just two weeks : June 3 - 17 . About $ 20 .
    I hope it comes out on DVD . I may find it hard to get up there ! David

Images

Wow. That was a good review!!! Wish I could see it.
    I've lived too long to care what others think about me

Great Review and sounds justly deserved! Congrats to all involved!
    Sunny aka Sunrise ga-me 02 aka Cody Zamora
    Have a bright and
    Sunny Day!

Big news guys!

1) Another review has dropped:

http://www.womanaroundtown.com/secti...north-in-maine

2) North to Maine Has been published! You can get a digital copy of the script here:

http://www.indietheaternow.com/Play/north-to-maine

Here's a 30 minute TV spot on the show featuring clips of the performance (Warning audio NSFW)

sorry, forgot the link and can't edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIbh9M2hGQY

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Filadelfia Greenberg View Post
    Actually, that's not correct. The ATC code SHOULD apply to all nights, but apparently Brown Paper tickets has a bug in their software that should be fixed sometime tomorrow. In the meantime if you allready bought tix and didn't apply the code, email [email protected] with your name, your order number, and the night you're coming and we'll make sure the ATC gets the donation.
    Thanks, Filadelphia. I sent Melanie my ticket order confirmation.
    BigToe

Images

Quote Originally Posted by BigToe View Post
    Just bought tickets! Will let you all know how we like it.
    Well, I saw it tonight with my non-hiker wife - it was great! Highly recommended for all hikers and their families, as well as anyone who wants to understand more about the trail. Playwright Brenton Lengel and all the actors did a fantastic job. It's a long play and never a dull moment or wasted dialogue. You'll enjoy seeing the gear we know and depend on used on the stage. Somehow Brenton captured the look and feel of the trail and translated it expertly to the stage. The actors are each stellar with superb characterization.

If you have any possibility of getting to NYC to see this production during its very short run, don't miss it!
    BigToe

WONDERFUL! We're really glad you had a good time and thanks for the support & the wonderful review.

Please don't forget to vote for us on the NYIT awards, it will help the show have a future and also keep focus on the Trail and the ATC ion New York City & the Theatre world:

Here's the link:

http://www.nyitawards.com/oobshows/show.asp?showID=2665

Images

Filadelfia, I hadn't realized till just now that you are the playwright. You have a remarkable talent. I was a bit nervous about bringing my non-hiker wife but she very much enjoyed the perspective and of course I've regaled (bored?) her for years with trail stories and in your play she got a feel for the hiking life. We met several hikers in the audience and traded stories which was a bonus. By the way the C.O.W. Theatre is a nice venue and we had dinner across the street at the Clinton St. Baking Company & Restaurant which was delicious. I voted for you on the awards site. I hope you bring the production elsewhere so others can enjoy it too!
    BigToe

++ New Posts ++