WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Couple of Questions ???

I've heard that Cloud Pond is a great place to see.....what is the hike off the AT like..... elevation wise???

Hiking out of Gorham to Pinkham Notch...... where do most hikers camp at??? Any options other than staying at Carter Notch??

Thanks for your response. Sojo

.8 miles down into the pond and the trail tends to be a bit muddy through there. Also, last year on my thru it was a bit dry from the river just passed the Gulf of Hagas Trail to Cloud Pond. When I reached Cloud Pond I dropped in only to find the place littered with human feces, toilet paper and trash, in large quantities to boot. I asked a large Canadian youth group about it and got the whole "we don't speak English" routine so I then asked in Quebec French. I was informed they were from New Foundland so I then switched to Acadian French. In the end I found out the real story, but couldn't get their names or organization they were with so I just reported it to the MATC when I got to Monson. Never did find out what happened. Sorry, but these are my memories of Cloud Pond.

++ New Posts ++