WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default New Rain Tarp from Kammok

The new rain tarp system from Kammok link.... check it out!

http://bit.ly/KammokGlider

Images

Brilliant !

AT 2012

Not that I'm a hennessy hammock fan, but he marketed this idea years ago...not sure if still available. I think the tarp is way too heavy for a serious hiker. Self-serving first post?

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2
    Lazarus

The hammock in the first picture is going to be a bathtub in any blowing rain., and the brilliant caternary cut looks pretty wrinkly to me. I do like the water collection feature, though.
    "It's fun to have fun, but you have to know how." ---Dr. Seuss

I think it's a neat concept. I agree it's not light enough to be worthy of lightweight backpacking. However, the overall concept might not have targeted for that market. I saw a TEDTalk from this guy. A little long, but interesting approach. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=wfCZYvqVFKM

Meh, I guess I don't understand the novelty of it...My superfly or mambjamba (whatever it's called, from warbonnet) is larger, provides more cover, has doors, and is only 19oz. The reflective technology doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. I mean, I understand the concept, but if I'm throwing up my tarp and hammock, I'm getting ready to sleep for the night. It kinda makes the reflective part moot. As far as the rain catcher goes, one could easily modify their tarp to catch rain water (I did this while in Maine), and usually, I either camp near a water source, or lug the water to where I want to camp. It seems as though they're marketing it as a survival type scenario device (hence Bear Grylls), but if that's the case, I'd want something lighter. I'm just not sure what niche they're trying to fill...

The same guy is going to several outdoor forums posting the same thing. I don't appreciate guerrilla style advertising aka spam.

Images

the weight is way heavy. they are set up at a stream?? water is not an issue after a rain. yes, i know there are extreme circumstances, but??
    same design in cuben would be under 10-12 ozs.
    I'm so confused, I'm not sure if I lost my horse or found a rope.

Images

The tarp looks to small to me, especially if it's a pouring rain or high winds.

I have the Warbonnet Mama Jamba tarp, it's bigger and only weighs 13oz. (Silnylon). I also like the side panels to add support against strong winds.

Here is a bad pick of my setup. FYI I also use the Warbonnet Blackbird hammock.

You're not going to live forever
    Find this to be true
    Use your past as a guide
    While you're alive
    Live

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit Bear View Post
    The tarp looks to small to me, especially if it's a pouring rain or high winds.

I have the Warbonnet Mama Jamba tarp, it's bigger and only weighs 13oz. (Silnylon). I also like the side panels to add support against strong winds.

Here is a bad pick of my setup. FYI I also use the Warbonnet Blackbird hammock.
    even a stock HH tarp will keep you dry if you hang it right, but this tarp is all gimmick

I just spent monday and tuesday night in pretty consistent downpours at nickerson state park. I stayed completely dry in my setup but another hammocker had a diamond setup that had more coverage than this kammock tarp and he ended up soaked. I beliege one night with this tarp during rainy weather and all both your quilts are too wet to endure the second night. Youre going home after first night.

sent from samsonite using tapioca 2
    Let me go

Images

Quote Originally Posted by T.S.Kobzol View Post
    I just spent monday and tuesday night in pretty consistent downpours at nickerson state park. I stayed completely dry in my setup but another hammocker had a diamond setup that had more coverage than this kammock tarp and he ended up soaked. I beliege one night with this tarp during rainy weather and all both your quilts are too wet to endure the second night. Youre going home after first night.

diamond tarps work fine. somebody needs to learn how to hang a tarp

It depends

Let me go

Ummm this looks way to heavy for backpacking. They need to completely redesign the attachment points and use lighter guidelines etc. I'm curious how much the new material weights. Looks way heavier then a silnylon or Cuban fiber fly. Probably great for car camping but ill stick to my JRB extended hex fly @ 13 ounces.

Gimmicky, heavy, probably too expensive, not for me.

++ New Posts ++