WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Images

Quote Originally Posted by marti038 View Post
    As to the other comments about limiting this site to AT stuff only, not trying to be a wiseguy, but it's not that hard to not read the things you aren't interested in.
    I appreciate your comment about not trying to be a wise guy, nor am I when I say that it's not hard to not post extraneous things that have nothing to do with the AT. In fact, it's even easier not to post irrelevant stuff than it is for all the victims to have to weed through and separate the chaff from the wheat.

It'd be like a Ford car site, with users wanting threads for Chevy, BMW, Toyota, and etc. After a while, it has lost its focus on Fords.

RainMan

[I]ye shall not pollute the land wherein ye are: ... Defile not therefore the land which ye shall inhabit....[/I]. Numbers 35

[url]www.MeetUp.com/NashvilleBackpacker[/url]

Rain man your analogue is off. WB has already made the decision to carry info on other trails, as you can see. Your in that section.

They who ever they are have made the decision to be not only an AT forum but a general hiking forum with lots of sub headings.

So as long posters post to the appropriate area then is not a problem nor will cause people to wade through thing they don’t want to read. I have found that most people on forums try to post correctly.

New Pinhoti thread up...!!

Quote Originally Posted by ciphoto View Post
    New Pinhoti thread up...!!
    That's good news. It would be nice if the many existing threads on the Pinhoti currently buried in the general "Other Trails" subforum could be moved to the new Pinhoti subforum.

I think it's good to have a large pool of people to draw from, but I also understand it can be a major PITA in sifting thru the BS. I don't see WB as being that crowded, nor do I ever see it growing that big, so I do believe its other forums are (all-in-all) a good thing.

This site http://www.bikeforums.net/search.php?searchid=7566222 , on the other hand, is so damn crowded, so crowded that I don't even bother to peruse the "Today's Posts", just way too much.

However, when I have a question, especially technical, I always get numerous answers and opinions, can be interesting. They must average about 3 posts per minute, every minute of the day...

Quote Originally Posted by Cookerhiker View Post
    That's good news. It would be nice if the many existing threads on the Pinhoti currently buried in the general "Other Trails" subforum could be moved to the new Pinhoti subforum.
    Yes, that would be nice. Maybe get this thread moved over there so it doesn't upset the other members it being under this listing also.
    "Hiking is as close to God as you can get without going to Church." - BobbyJo Sargent aka milkman Sometimes it's nice to take a long walk in THE FOG.

Quote Originally Posted by Drybones View Post
    Just curious...why does that bother you?
    Where did I say I'm bothered?

Rather than creating a separate forum for each trail, I'd rather they set up separate forums geographically for the other trails. Have one for South East Trails, Mid-Atlantic Trails, New England Trails, etc.
    Fred Coulter

My Hikes
    Working on the Florida Trailwalker program: 9 down; 1 to go

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Cookerhiker View Post
    maybe if we keep bumping this thread it and others can be moved there
    Conquest: It is not the Mountain we conquer but Ourselves

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++