WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Images

Hi Matthewski..............this is even above "angels"..........whole new level

What kind of money are you thinking that it would take?
    How many strucutral issues are there really?

Ditto that, nice to hear from you.............

Journal Entries
    Images

what Matty is looking for is silent investors... takes cultivation...FYI - the Doyle will require lots of money if it changes hands, to meet code.
    Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.

Woo

Extreme Makeover is gonna call any minute now.

demolish it. start from scratch

Images

hey lone wolf. hotels are for weenies.

Journal Entries

How about turning to A-B. If this truly is one of the last of its type they might be interested.
    Tridavis

So what's the status? Is the Doyle now closed? Or do they have a date to close it down?

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf View Post
    demolish it. start from scratch
    Lone Wolf I hope you don't mean what you said. You wouldn't say the same about Dot's. They are both AT land marks and should exist as long as posiable.
    Grampie-N->2001

It would take better part of $1 million to do the Doyle right. I'll add it to my list if I ever hit Powerball.

Too be fair, Lone Wolf has advocated demolishing all privies, so, demolishing the Doyle probably wouldn't be too much of a stretch....
    Double Wide is now BLUEBERRY
    Northbound (2nd Attempt) March 2017

If you are serious, put it on Kickstarter.com

Quote Originally Posted by tridavis View Post
    How about turning to A-B. If this truly is one of the last of its type they might be interested.
    that's what I was thinkin.....

Quote Originally Posted by Grampie View Post
    Lone Wolf I hope you don't mean what you said. You wouldn't say the same about Dot's. They are both AT land marks and should exist as long as posiable.
    of course i meant it. it would be cheaper in the long run. and i don't care about dot's. haven't been in there in over a year

Matthewski, some solid ideas here. First approaching AB, I believe the Busch family recently sold out, so you might not have the sentimental angle you would have had a few years ago. But this still could be great publicity for them, and potential for some interesting commercials.

Second kickstarter.com could help you raise a lot of money from WB and ATC members and people who have hike the AT. Get lots of people to donate $5, 10, 20, etc.. and then have some big boys (like AB, hiking gear companies, etc..) match that.

Thanks for throwing this out there. It will be interesting to see what else the community can come up with.
    The road to glory cannot be followed with much baggage.
    Richard Ewell, CSA General

Quote Originally Posted by Slo-go'en View Post
    To say the Doyle needs some work is an understatement. It needs to be gutted and rebuilt. To do that would take some serious money, which there is little chance of ever recouping. I doubt anything in that place comes even close to meeting modern building codes...
    Right you are, and in most cases once a certain % of renovation is reached/needed/or desired, the entire building is to be brought up to code...in this day and age, not cheap....now making repairs are a different story all together, and don't generally require permits depending on what it is...

Anheyser Busch isn't going to write a check to some guy they don't know to restore a hotel they used to own unless it is just a token amount. If they were really interested they'd buy the place and fix it up themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronk View Post
    Anheyser Busch isn't going to write a check to some guy they don't know to restore a hotel they used to own unless it is just a token amount. If they were really interested they'd buy the place and fix it up themselves.
    Perhaps if there were a great human interest story associated with doing so would/could foster a ad campaign...perhaps there's an add executive/or creactive amongst our ranks to pitch it.....

Quote Originally Posted by rocketsocks View Post
    Perhaps if there were a great human interest story associated with doing so would/could foster a ad campaign...perhaps there's an add executive/or creactive amongst our ranks to pitch it.....
    A habitat for humanity if you will.

this thread needs to be in the humor section.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
++ New Posts ++