WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Getting to Buena Vista and/or Pearisburg - any suggestions?

Hello - I'm looking to finish the section between Buena Vista and Pearisburg. Does anyone know the easiest way to access the AT at either town? Public transportation is one option. I'm also considering shuttling a car and/or parking it in a safe place for the duration of the hike and getting back to it. Any suggestions appreciated - this will likely be in early July. Thanks.

A whiteblaze member is leaving his vehicle at my house in Buena Vista and I'm taking him down on the 19th of July and dropping him off at Pearisburg to hike back to Buena Vista. If you can wait until then I can take you. If not, if it is on a weekend I may still be able to help you.

Lost Acoustic Blues
    (clickable)

Say thanks for the offer. I'm looking to start the VA section after shortly the 4th, but will keep this in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by singing wind View Post
    Say thanks for the offer. I'm looking to start the VA section after shortly the 4th, but will keep this in mind.

Ok............

Lost Acoustic Blues
    (clickable)

Quote Originally Posted by singing wind View Post
    Hello - I'm looking to finish the section between Buena Vista and Pearisburg. Does anyone know the easiest way to access the AT at either town? Public transportation is one option. I'm also considering shuttling a car and/or parking it in a safe place for the duration of the hike and getting back to it. Any suggestions appreciated - this will likely be in early July. Thanks.

Hey, I'm bluedog and we run a shuttle for hikers in Buena Vista! We can get you to Long Mt. We shuttle at 10:30, 3:30, and 6:00 pm as we are also a cafe, hostel and everything for hikers. Call and reserve a spot 540-460-0933!

Images

The AT runs right into Pearisburg. We parked are car there at a hotel within walking distance of the trail and they charged us like 5 bucks didnt care how long we were gone. Can't think of the name of the hotel but its in the guidebook as a cheap place to stay. There's a guy that runs a shuttle there named Don and he is awesome. His name and number is also in the guidebook are you can find him on here.

Journal Entries

1peanut---thanks for the good word. i'm don raines, i shuttle out of pearisburg. i go anytime, anywhere. call 540-921-7433(RIDE). where are you coming from?

++ New Posts ++